Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 01:45 AM

Default JJ limp/minraised wtf hand

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop

UTG ($71.60)
MP ($109.30)
Button ($100.90)
Hero ($97.80)
BB ($150.98)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls $1, Button calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $6.50</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $13</font>, Button folds, Hero calls $6.5.

Flop: ($28) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

Turn: ($28) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

River: ($28) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $18</font>, UTG calls $71.60 (All-In), Hero folds.

Well this is what i did, i had no clue what was going on in the hand. No reads on villain, but i felt it same to assume he was a donk after pf. Anyway when he raised it really felt like some stupid slowplayed set, or a rivered straight. Limp reraises are so hard to read as they are often followed by slowplaying so its hard to know if he was doing it with some sc or a big hand. Criticize every street for me, if you will.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:49 AM

Default Re: JJ limp/minraised wtf hand

Everything was going so well until the river. You need to check call there.

Also... you can bet this flop sometimes, don't be that scared of his limp minraise that it freezes you out of every pot.

Once he checks flops, go ahead and bet 20 on the turn. Against any decent opponent they are taking this pot away from you 100% of the time if you check a second time.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Once he checks flops, go ahead and bet 20 on the turn. Against any decent opponent they are taking this pot away from you 100% of the time if you check a second time.

[/ QUOTE ]

But what is the likelyhood of a decent opponent playing a hand in such a way to make it to this spot. In other words what are the chances that he's actually decent? I would think low, but point taken.

On the river i agree that check call would be better. I have to assume his range is weighted towards nothing or a slowplayed big hand. So betting makes him fold worse/call better yada yada. That being said at the time i basically thought he would call me any pair. But in such a hand i should be trying to showdown if at all possible, would you agree?

Also how often do people here LRR? If it confuses me so damn much it surely has some merit, especially against people like me.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:03 AM

Chances of him being decent are very low. Which means we can't narrow his hand range much. Why the hell is checking the flop? We find out when we bet. If he calls/raises, it's because he has a very good hand, if he folds, it's because he doesn't. That's all.

Yes, once this river comes, all that matters is a cheap showdown, and betting here makes 0 sense. Even AA is hard pressed to call, and he could have that.