Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2007, 12:57 PM

Default how do I feel about this bet

while I'm writing I allready think that I know what had to be done but I really want to hear your comments and see how would you play this hand and maybe some mathemathical aproaches because I really suck at those.

For BB I really can't remember what he was like but for the SB I can tell you that he can go mad in spots like this whith nothing more then just a pair of 6-es. He knows I can outplay him but I really don't know what to do whith his capping here and firiing again on Turn.

Ultimate Bet 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Thank you.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:08 PM

Default Re: how do I feel about this bet

I'd probably fold.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:17 PM

dont limp on the [censored] button raise ittttttttt
Old 01-04-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this I know..... what about the rest of it do you call or fold ?
Old 01-04-2007, 01:24 PM

Fold the river. Even if he was overplaying something like KJ or KK you're beat.

Edit: Didn't notice the read. Have you really seen him go crazy in a spot like this with 6s? If so he's a maniac and I'd call the river.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:24 PM

Why are you open limping on the button?

His pfr'g range is much bigger than it would be if you raised first, so it's hard to narrow him down. I'd probably just call him down from his 3Bet as he could have a better two pair or set but the cap is OK too.

Turn I'd call.

River looks like you can fold unless he's very overaggro with inferior hands.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:32 PM

Call with your read. "He knows you can outplay him" --what does that mean? Outside of 2+2, I don't think any players ever make that acknowledgement &lt;15/30. Are you sure he thinks that?
Old 01-04-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call with your read. "He knows you can outplay him" --what does that mean? Outside of 2+2, I don't think any players ever make that acknowledgement &lt;15/30. Are you sure he thinks that?

[/ QUOTE ]

you're correct to strong of a word. I'm playing almost every second or third day with the guy. In the beggining he reised me every hand when he was 1st in and I was on his left. But when I figured this out I started 3beting whith more hands and then beiing agro back to him. He doesn't raise as often as he did. I'm sorry for using such a strong sentence. It's just that my english vocabulary is not so ritch.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
this I know..... what about the rest of it do you call or fold ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why the heck do you still openlimp?

About the hand I agree with Sharpie that you can call the river if you really have seen him get out line with something like 66.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:06 PM

have u really seen him bet 3bet a broadway flop w/ an underpair and then lead the turn blank into a capper? im not sure im buying this read and would like specific hand action before i consider calling this river.

when he leads into the capper again best case scenerio i think is a pair of 10s with a flush draw which is such a small portion of his range. even if hes a maniac i start calling down after the turn and once the ace hits even if he had overplayed AK AQ and even with ur pseudo read much less likely KK QQ KJ QJ (which are still much MORE likely for him to overplay here than a pair of 6s) ect ur now beat. i think u should fold theres not enuff of his most likely range u beat.