Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2007, 03:01 AM

Default KK feels like a migraine

I was rather lost on the turn and river for this hand. BB is an ordinary loose passive player. He took an extremely long time for the flop call, and I don't think a flush draw is in his range here. Raising the turn seems like a bad idea, it's WA/WB right? River is meh, probably a call, but it was at the end of a long session and I was feeling wimpy. All comments appreciated.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $31.35
Hero: $24.50
CO: $25.20
Button: $16.55
SB: $16.85
BB: $26.55

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1</font>, 2 folds, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $1.75</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($5.25, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($11.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $0.25</font>, Hero calls.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($11.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $3.55</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $3.55 returned to BB.

Results:
Final pot: $11.75
Old 01-04-2007, 03:13 AM

Default Re: KK feels like a migraine

i like a rereraise preflop to $4

the way it's gone down i'm guessing villian had AK and then slow played it. the turn minbet is way fishy (screams strength)

as played i think the river fold is good
Old 01-04-2007, 03:31 AM

You have to reraise preflop. Aim for about 5-6.
Flop bet is good. Turn and river are good.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:54 AM

Any reads on what he makes that silly pf raise with?

I figure his range is TT-AA, AK and maybe AQ based on PF which puts you behind but not terribly. but it could be a lot wider if he is laggy and/or you have messing with him. But since villains like aces I am looking to get to showdown cheap no matter what type I am against.

I reraise him hard pf, what reasons did you have for calling?

I might check this flop since not many weaker hands are calling and you have showdown value. Bet bigger if you do bet to charge flush draws and TT-QQ.

Turn. The 7 almost couldn't have helped him, and he seems weak, either a draw or a scared ace. I seriously consider a raise if I think I can get him off the ace (they always put you on AK right?).

If I check the turn then I am either throwing it in or looking to call a reasonable river bet this is very villain dependent so your fold is ok but I would call a fair amount here.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:59 AM

No particular reads on his 3bet, although I very frequently find a minraise like that at these tables to be AA hence the flat call. I am coming off a series of losing sessions in which I made countless "minr AA pf" notes on players.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:07 AM

w 2 people still in the pot pf this is a mandatory raise... pot it
Old 01-04-2007, 04:26 AM

Preflop: Reraise to $6

Flop: Bet $4, Most paired aces bet this flop afraid of the flush draw. You could easily be up against QQ, JJ.

Turn: Looks fine

River: I would call, this looks like either a weak A or an under pair.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:20 PM

Okay, the consensus seems to be that I should have repopped it. Are we folding to a 5-bet?
Old 01-04-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, the consensus seems to be that I should have repopped it. Are we folding to a 5-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

We aren't folding KK here to an unknown ever.

As played, check the flop. When an Ace flops in a multiway pot and you don't beat AK, c-betting is not usually profitable (I'm saying never do it, only recognize that you need a good read on multiple villains to avoid playing for stacks).

Hard to believe one of them doesn't have an Ace in his hand that he will call down with. Checking still allows you to get 2 streets of betting in and it greatly increases the chances that a worse hand (which would have folded the flop) will call a turn and/or river bet.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We aren't folding KK here to an unknown ever.

As played, check the flop. When an Ace flops in a multiway pot and you don't beat AK, c-betting is not usually profitable (I'm saying never do it, only recognize that you need a good read on multiple villains to avoid playing for stacks).

Hard to believe one of them doesn't have an Ace in his hand that he will call down with. Checking still allows you to get 2 streets of betting in and it greatly increases the chances that a worse hand (which would have folded the flop) will call a turn and/or river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

edit: An maybe a weaker pp will take a stab at it on turn or river. Bottom line is that with this flop and two villains you want to see SD cheaply.