Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2007, 02:42 AM

Default 2NL - OESD Flop against LAG

Only had a small sample size but villain was around 60/40/5.

I considered folding to the re-raise preflop, however knowing that villain was laggish I thought they might be raising with a wide range of hands.

I felt the flop call was reasonable given my OESD, I called planning to evaluate the turn.

At this point I had a marginal hand and felt I was calling too much based on a weak read. I felt pretty donkish/lost on this one.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (4 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

SB ($6.94)
BB ($3.72)
Hero ($4.98)
Button ($12.20)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.08</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $0.26</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.18.

Flop: ($0.55) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $0.45</font>, Hero calls $0.45.

Turn: ($1.45) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $0.92</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2.37
Old 01-04-2007, 04:56 AM

Default Re: 2NL - OESD Flop against LAG

Now this is why it sucks to have the village lag on your left.

I probably fold pf, you basically got caught stealing and should walk away, this is a [censored] holding to play oop after the flop. The PF call is ok against a known superlag but even then you have to be ready to go to war oop on the flop.

I would lead this flop against a less aggressive villain but here your play makes the best sense IMO because your draw isn't quite good enough to seek out the push on the flop and your FE is too small in comparison to the likelihood that he will raise.

I fold this turn. Your draw is counterfeited and I just don't think he is firing a second barrel nearly often enough to call this and a PSB on the river.