Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2007, 12:42 AM

Default Any FSU fans here ?????

Well with all this Saban stuff going on there are rumors now that Kevin Steele probably will be joining him at Bama as the new DC. I've heard all the FSU people love him and that he was an awesome coach and recruiter. Some of the Seminole fans I know said that they thought he was next in line for HC but who knows. anyways I was wondering if there was some truth to this or if this is just wishfull thinking for bama
Old 01-04-2007, 12:47 AM

Default Re: Any FSU fans here ?????

Not Kines?
Old 01-04-2007, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not Kines?

[/ QUOTE ]

word is he's going to take a position in the athletic department..... The only person Saban has discussed keeping from the former staff is coach Harbisson and Chris Ball but that is still up in the air. It also looks like Jimbo Fisher might be at Bama tommorow as well..... It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out in the next few days

oh yeah and congrats on the pontiac game changing performance thing... that a way to keep it instate
Old 01-04-2007, 01:24 PM

Losing Steele would be a devastating blow to fsu. He's easily one of the top 10 recruiters in the country. Can't say I blame him for leaving, however, as Mickey Andrews hasn't giving any hints that he's retiring anytime soon.

To make matters worse for fsu, with the Saban hire, fsu has virtually no chance at getting Jimbo Fisher to be there OC, who reportedly is atop their wishlist. I believe fsu is still waiting on the WVU oline coach (can't remember his name) who they were going after, and he's boys with Fisher which is why they thought there was a good chance they could get both of them.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Losing Steele would be a devastating blow to fsu. He's easily one of the top 10 recruiters in the country. Can't say I blame him for leaving, however, as Mickey Andrews hasn't giving any hints that he's retiring anytime soon.

To make matters worse for fsu, with the Saban hire, fsu has virtually no chance at getting Jimbo Fisher to be there OC, who reportedly is atop their wishlist. I believe fsu is still waiting on the WVU oline coach (can't remember his name) who they were going after, and he's boys with Fisher which is why they thought there was a good chance they could get both of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think his name is "" Trickett not 100% though and I actually think Jimbo will end up at FSU with Steele leaving but as a Bama fan I would rather have Steele because I know last year he won the rivals recruiter of the year award.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:20 PM

Carl hit the nail on the head. Since I follow the Gators' recruiting very close I am pretty up on Noles' recruiting/football & Carl's post is extremely accurate. It's actually affecting a few recruits already. That's how much weight he carries especially with how poor of a recruiter Bobby(himself) is now. He relies on his staff & Steele a ton on defense.