Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2007, 08:44 PM

Default Wireless internet in Brazilian hotels business idea

Not a new idea, but I know the demand is immense in Brazil. Most hotels, especially in the north of the the country don't have this service. This area has received heavy foreign direct investment and is the hot tourist area.

So I wonder what it would cost to set this up in hotels whereby guests could logon for a 24 hour period and pay a fixed rate ala something you see at most airports.
Does anyone have experience in setting up these networks? I have tons of experience doing business in Brazil but nothing on the networking infrastructure side. Mostly standard businesses like manufacturers.

Any ideas are welcome.
Thanks
Old 01-04-2007, 08:17 PM

Default Re: Wireless internet in Brazilian hotels business idea

i have no experience with brasil, but if you have an online merchant account to facilitate payment by credit card/bank transfer and accessible commercial bandwidth providers in the areas you are looking to serve, the technical end is relatively simple. the hardware required will depend on the size of the coverage areas and the number of simultaneous users you need to support, but should be relatively inexpensive. there are off the shelf software solutions available, or you can develop your own for relatively little.

the major cost will be support. you'll need at least one network engineer on call in case of problems and 24 hour phone support for your customers.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:41 AM

Default Re: Wireless internet in Brazilian hotels business idea

Im brazilian and Project Management Professional in IT.
I can help you and help myself in this case.

contact me at nobre.it@gmail.com