Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2007, 07:37 PM

Default FTP Answers 1/3

For reference, previous answers thread:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...Number=8602033

0. "Are you really having a reload bonus on Thursday?"

- No. It was my jokey way of saying I'll never actually answer that question. Most people got it, some didn't. I actually meant to put a little disclaimer at the very bottom making it extra clear it was a joke, but forgot. Sorry for any confusion my answer caused!

1. Many many questions and comments about rakeback.

- Thanks for all of the feedback regarding this complicated issue. We read them all and while we probably will never be able to satisfy everyone, we hope to come up with a way to make more people happy in the future. I hope that was a vague enough answer.

2. "There are no good tournies."

- I haven't heard that complaint before, actually! Is there a specific tournament and time you'd like to see? You say we have a "crappy structure," but I'm not sure how you're judging that. I'm quite fond of our tournament structures, so you'll have to explain yourself a little better before I can just say "Oops we'll fix that right away!"

Your obviously valid complaint in your post is the lack of rebuys. So for that I'll go ahead and say "Oops we'll fix that right away!" (Terms and conditions apply. "Right away" as judged by the age of the earth and not in internet time.)

3. "The games are very slow."

- We're actively working on improving the speed of our deal. You should only see improvements on that front in the next few months.

4. "No "filters" for the lobby."

- The next phase of the lobby restructuring is in the planning stages. We hope to address at least 99% of everyone's remaining complaints about filtering in that one. It won't be for a while, though, so for now "high/medium/low" will have to do.

5. "The "slider" for sizing bets at NL seems to be completely broken."

- I've been fighting for some changes to the slider (and associated auto-focus issues with the bet box) for a while now, and I think we're getting ready to make them. I hope to see them in the next few months as well.

6. "Can I get a setting that allows me to have full buyin pre-selected when I sit down at a table instead of min buyin."

- I agree that'd be nice. It's on a wish list somewhere, but will probably have to wait patiently for more important issues to be resolved first.

7. "One thing I'd really like is for table rebalancing in tournaments to use the same window, or at least a new one in the same place as the old."

- Yeah the table jumping positions when you get moved in a tournament is annoying. I brought it up again a few weeks ago and I think we're looking at it.

8. "There are still only 14 tables maximum of .5/1 - 2/4 NL HU, 5 of 3/6nl HU, and whatever of other limits so it appears as if nothing has changed."

Yeah I asked the guy in charge of that and he didn't get around to adding as many as I thought (or the other heads up tables I thought were going in). He says by next week at the latest! Sorry for the delay.

9. "Who is Skywalker1709?"

- I'll never tell! (And all of the guesses I've seen have been wrong. Of course, you have no way of knowing how many guesses I've seen.)

10. "Are you guys working on a draw interface for adding 2-7 TD or even Badugi?"

- Not at the moment. The moment can change pretty quickly, though.

11. "Add higher echelons for Ironman promo."

- This is definitely something I wouldn't mind seeing, but there are many issues that go along with anything like that, so I wouldn't expect anything soon. There are ongoing discussions about this and other possible rewards for our high volume players.

12. "Does the new iron man medal system count against rakeback?"

- I'm only 90% sure of the following answer, so keep that in mind: As far as I know, if you buy tokens, tournament entries, or (ahem) a reserved seat at a table, your MGR will not be charged. If you buy regular FTPs or bonuses, they will act like regular FTPs and bonuses (meaning that they will be deducted from MGR when used).

13. "Doug why can I not play SNGs for bonusus?"

I don't know. You absolutely should be clearing your bonus (at a rate of 7 FTPs for every $1 in fees) while playing SNGs. If you're sure that's not happening, you should definitely email support@fulltiltpoker.com with as many details as you can provide and they'll look into it for you.

14. Various posts about "yellow screens" or freezes.

- I'm going to keep repeating this because it's all I can do about it, unfortunately. If you're still having connection issues (and whatever the "yellow screen lag" is) or other things you feel are reproducible bugs that haven't been addressed, please PLEASE read this thread and follow the instructions to help us pinpoint exactly what the problem is.

Doug
Old 01-03-2007, 07:46 PM

Default Re: FTP Answers 1/3

Thanks as always Doug. But these answers contain a whole lot of maybes and I don't knows. Not really sure what the point of your post was, you didn't really provide any information.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks as always Doug. But these answers contain a whole lot of maybes and I don't knows. Not really sure what the point of your post was, you didn't really provide any information.

[/ QUOTE ]
The real point was to answer #0 before tomorrow. The maybes and I don't knows were thrown in for free.

Doug
Old 01-03-2007, 07:55 PM

Aint nothing we love more than free stuff even if it is maybes and I don't knows.

Woohoo!
Old 01-04-2007, 12:21 AM

More:

1.) Is it possible for us to see where our opponents hail from? At least the country?

2.) Is it possible to block oneself from search. I know this may be -EV for us, but players should be allowed some privacy.

3.) When is the FTP strategy book coming out?
Old 01-04-2007, 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
More:

1.) Is it possible for us to see where our opponents hail from? At least the country?

2.) Is it possible to block oneself from search. I know this may be -EV for us, but players should be allowed some privacy.

[/ QUOTE ]

^^ AGREED
Old 01-03-2007, 08:06 PM

On the tourney subject...Can we get a couple of "Mid-range buyins" in the evenings? Like $50-$100 around 9 EST?

And reloads to attract the fish will make most everyone happy.

Thanks, I appreciate the hands on approach you guys are taking.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even just a token, "Yup, we hear you. We do read all the suggestions/complaints about this and we ARE listening," is still a lot more than you get around here from most sites.

Doug even jokes and acknowledges that he had to be vague about it.

His response seemed fine to me.
Lots of sites would just not acknowledge the questions that they didn't want to answer (like rakeback) which I find to be far more frustrating.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:14 PM

Any reasonable time range on Deep Stack Omaha?

Thanks
Old 01-03-2007, 08:28 PM

Chances of Stud in the next FTOPS event?