Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2007, 11:37 AM

Default commerce 20/40NL

i'm about to crash out so i won't be around to provide any additional info but i thought you guys might like to toss this hand around.

villian is stuck ALOT in the game, prolly over 40K, calls too much in general but did get pretty coolered in a couple of spots.
overall read is he's not retarded but def. calls too much.

he doubled me up earlier also when i was somewhat short so he seems anxious to play every pot i'm in.

my image is somewhat laggy, although i haven't been mixing it up too much at the table because we are playing pretty much showdown poker and there are plenty of table sherrifs to keep people honest.

ok so i have ~7500 and villian has me way covered.

i open for 200 in LP with Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and he makes it 500 on the button, i call.

2 to the flop (1060)
A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

i check he bets 700 i call.

turn (2460)
10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

i check he thinks for a bit then bets 900 i raise 2000 more he thinks for a bit then calls.

river (8260)
A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

i have 4280 left...whats your play?
Old 01-03-2007, 12:19 PM

Default Re: commerce 20/40NL

Push. He has a ace, and will call ya, no matter if he got Fh or not.
I f he had 2Pair or Sei, i think he pushes Turn.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:16 PM

If you check I suspect he checks behind more hands that you beat than hands that will call if you shove. Uhhh, if that makes sense, I'm saying you should shove because he will still call with a lot of aces, and he will also check behind w/ a lot of those aces if you check. So I really think that unless he is passive enough to check fold the river (which I really doubt he is for a half pot bet) then you should shove it yourself.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:26 PM

WOW first RBK hand that i ever found uninteresting.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:39 PM

The key is that you have to call given your stack size relative to the pot if you check and he sets you in. So if you do check and let him check behind with an A that would have called and he then only bets when he has you beat, you have put yourself on the wrong side of a negative freeroll.

So shove and do it quick to make him think you are bluffing a missed draw or counterfeited 2 pair.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:43 PM

Yeah, since you will call his bet anyway (?), better just bet yourself and get value out of his Ax or whatever. This would be a much tougher spot if you had a bit more left. Of course with a bigger stack you would have probably c/r a bit more on turn..
Old 01-03-2007, 03:04 PM

rbk-

my opinions: on the river, stick it in.

BUT, i think shoving the turn is much better against the opponent u described. more likely to get the money from 2pairs, sets, pair and draw type hands imo.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:59 PM

What is up with his really weak $900 turn bet? What do you read it for?

In most instances, I would simply go all-in on the turn. But if the $900 turn bet is read as weak, I put him on an AQ/AK type of hand. In this case, he might think he's inducing a check-raise steal from a lag and I like this $2000 more amount...leaving a good chunk more to "hang yourself" with at the river. He probably couldn't handle an all-in check-raise with a read that he is weak.

Based on how this played, I do not believe he has two pair or a set on the turn. Villian would probably push back due to the draw-heavy nature of this board. If he has KQ, you were already screwed. Chalk one cooler back in his column.

River is fairly simple. I'd push expecting a call from any A. The river A is the nail in the coffin for him. You simply cannot give him a chance to check behind any kind of A. I do not believe there is nearly enough value in inducing any sort of improbable river bluff. You didn't really mention too much about his aggressiveness. You said he "calls too much". Give him that final chance.

Garland
Old 01-03-2007, 05:19 PM

Bet $2500 on the river.

-D.J.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet $2500 on the river.

-D.J.

[/ QUOTE ]

1/4 of the pot and leave yourself the same amount behind? heh. All in.