Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2007, 07:17 AM

Default AP 1/2. 65s from SB.

CO is 36/13/0.85 over like 60 hands. Not so important. But havent seen him get out of hand so much.

BB is 22/13/1.91 over 250 hands. Somewhat taggish and weak to me.

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

7-1 on a call, flushdraw may hit if I am behind to a set, or a 6 or 5 may get me the winning hand.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (9BB, 3 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Results:
Final pot: 12BB

My plan on the river was to check/raise but I have no idea why I chickened out. Perhaps cos it would be painful to get bb to fold and then get reraised by CO? Thinking of it, this line gets me the same amount of bets in the pot as if I would checkraise, bb fold and CO just call.

Opinions?
Old 01-03-2007, 07:53 AM

Default Re: AP 1/2. 65s from SB.

I like the flop bet, on the turn it appears to me that CO's most likely hands are a Q or a set in that order. I cant really figure out a hand worth playing that make a 2 pair on this board, possibly Q8.. It's an easy call though.
I think it looks ok to go for an overcall on the river. You very likely has BB beat and it is also likely that he will call for one bet but not for two. At the same time you eliminate the chance to get re-raised by CO, in case he now has a full house. My default play would have been to donk the river to charge CO in case he semi-bluffed the turn with a flush draw.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:01 AM

I'd b/c the river. (well that is if BB calls, and CO raises 2 people. If BB folds and CO raises I'd 3bet it. What beats you? Why are you so scared? 22 or 88, or a better case 5...and he limps 88 in CO? 22 is perhaps remotely possible. I'd sooner think he has some Q, perhaps a better two pair with Q8s?)
Old 01-03-2007, 09:36 AM

I like preflop flop and turn.

I'd bet/call the river.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:14 PM

if COs af were higher id cr the flop but i like it as played here. turn bet calling is obviously what u gotta do. the river id probably bet/call, i think cr'ing isnt a great option even tho sometimes just calling u wont get the overcall u want. putting in 3 bets on the river means u lose and villain will likely vb his Q or better despite his low aggression vs 2 opponents here so ck call is better than check raise.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like preflop flop and turn.

I'd bet/call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-03-2007, 05:24 PM

I don't normally like donking/calling rivers, but this seems like a good place to me because 2 bets seems just right and 3 seems really ugly.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:24 PM

I would go for the CR on the river. You are not sure the BB will overcall anyway. So I would go for the CR with the small hopes the BB comes along, if not you collect another bet from the CO. With the CO's aggressive so low I would not worry about a 3 bet. The turn and river were blanks, there are no str8 or flushes out there, QQ and 88 VERY unlikey considering his PF action, 55 impossible so you are only worried about 22 maybe Q5s. CR the river.