Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2007, 02:50 AM

Default Heroin not enough? Just put some \"cheese\" on it.

[ QUOTE ]
Local police, school and treatment officials recently raised concerns about the growing use of black tar heroin among middle and high school students, particularly in northwest Dallas. It is often combined with Tylenol PM and sold cheaply to snort as a powder, known as "cheese."

[/ QUOTE ]

Link

Wtf? Mixing black tar heroin in middle school, holy Christ. Now, where I live is known around the country for teenage heroin overdoses (Plano) but this "cheese" concoction is new to me (mostly b/c it isn't around my area apparently), anyone know of this?

Here is another link to a death in which a [censored] mixed some crazy drugs together- Another Link. So I guess just a couple lines of blow isn't enough anymore.

What the hell is wrong with kids these days? I mean a goal in life is to stay alive (while having fun of course), and if you just think for a couple of seconds surely you could understand that some of this stuff is NUTS!

I dunno, people are whacked. Any of you know of any other crazy drug cocktails, please share!
Old 01-03-2007, 02:52 AM

Default Re: Heroin not enough? Just put some \"cheese\" on it.

Back in my day kids got their kicks with lots of robitussin.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:58 AM

in these kind of articles though, "growing use" means either they read about it on the internet and it hasn't actually happened in their district, or it happened once last year and twice this year. same as all the meth articles dramatizing it like everyone in the country is using meth and getting meth mouth (a totally made up thing) and dying basically on the streets. also those sex bracelet things a while back that kids were doing something with supposedly, i forget what, trading them for sexual favors or whatever? totally made up also.

bbb the debunker.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:10 AM

BBB,

The second article was all over the news and actually happened awhile back and the cause of death was just found out not too long ago. When the autopsy reports came out and reported what was in his body the frat brother finally admitted that the "lollipop" thing was something that they knew of a few people around campus that had done the drug as well. I am certain the the "lollipop" is real. The drug is apparently a much bigger problem in Chicago where the guy that died is from.

The first article was today's news and I just read it. I don't see why they would lie.

Maybe where you are from the news makes up lie after lie and completely makes up drugs b/c there isn't anything else interesting to talk about, I dunno.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:24 AM

wow, you put some words in my mouth [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

i'm not saying it doesn't happen ever, just that (in the article) it says this is the first time this has happened in the dallas area (which is where i'm assuming the paper is from) and that the county doesn't even keep stats on it yet. so it seems like a case of more rumor/worries than that it's a huge deal already, at least in that area.

did you edit and add the second article afterwards? i see that it mentions that it's happened some in other places; gotcha. my bad if i missed that in your first post.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:30 AM

Looks like we need to increase sentences for drug offenders and hire more police officers to ramp up the War On Drugs.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:31 AM

I was really really hoping, despite the quotations, this was going to be about mixing heroin and dairy
Old 01-03-2007, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
did you edit and add the second article afterwards? i see that it mentions that it's happened some in other places; gotcha. my bad if i missed that in your first post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I don't think you can edit the article, it is from The Dallas Morning News so this is what is in our paper. If you can edit that would be news to me.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What the hell is wrong with kids these days? I mean a goal in life is to stay alive (while having fun of course), and if you just think for a couple of seconds surely you could understand that some of this stuff is NUTS!

[/ QUOTE ]

this ain't new
Old 01-03-2007, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
same as all the meth articles dramatizing it like everyone in the country is using meth and getting meth mouth (a totally made up thing) and dying basically on the streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

While crank has been around for a long time, it's undeniable that there's been a significant increase in users and producers. You may not see it on the coasts, but I live in rural America. I personally know of a number of families split up due to meth or dealing with a meth user, (and yes we've had junior high kids in the emergency room during school cause they had access from their parents - this in a town of 1,000.)

In fact I saw one of the local kids I know that was trying to quit this weekend. Not sure if he's clean, but his teeth look like crap.

Slate may get all up in arms because the press makes up causes for the rotting teeth when they have no clue, but does it really make a difference if it's due to the chemicals or due to a lack of saliva? Either way your teeth are rotting out of your head, right?

I've seen a lot of drugs over the years. There's no doubt in my mind that meth is one of the most destructive.

The Poker Mom