Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2007, 02:02 AM

Default ($38 6 handed) 66 help

Oppenents have been kind of loose, nothing crazy though. I had doubled up about 3 hands ago. After pushng 77 from the BB and got called by the SB in this hand who had A5. At least two of my preflop raises in the last 30 hands had been re-raised allin and i folded. remember this is 6 handed so only 2 cash here.

What is the plan on this hand preflop? How bad is pushing?

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t100 (3 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

Hero (t1460)
SB (t2576)
BB (t4964)

Preflop: Hero is in Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2007, 02:21 AM

Default Re: ($38 6 handed) 66 help

post already got bumped all the way off the page. im gonna bump it up to give a few more people a chance to read it and add anything that they might have.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:54 AM

Easy shove. Open raising is more exploitable so just shove all your chips in.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not shoving 15 bb's against two relatively loose opponents on the bubble....so they can call me with K-J suited??

I'm folding this preflop....I know that sounds weak, but I would rather shove an AQ or something, then pocket 6's....or wait until the blinds go up and you can shove when it means something. But here I don't think the risk is worth the reward.....not with 15 bb's.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:08 PM

Yea, thats why im havng a hard time figuring out what to do here. Folding seems too weak here, yet pushing with 15BBs doesn't seem right either. 3X raising is essentially the same as naked stealing, since i dont think i can call a re-raise. Does limping make any sense? I'm confident post flop, but this won't be easy to play unless a set flops. And then what if im raised preflop? Every option here sounds crappy to me.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:27 PM

I think u should push. You definitely want to play the hand and dont want to be in the situation of getting reraised which the BB can afford to do or called as you dont want to see a flop. You still have decent fold equity also which will be significantly diminished if you raise and fold to a reraise.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:38 PM

If you haven't limped yet, I might try a limp. If they think about the game at all they might give you credit for a big hand and let you see a cheap flop in position. By limping you also can play for set value, whereas depending on your raise you might price yourself out of playing for set value. Based on your description of the players, I am limping here or folding. If they are that loose in their calling/reraising, you have enough chips that you can find a better spot. I would rather push AJ or AQ (maybe even A10) into these players too (still awkward at this stack size/blind combo). You are in an awkward spot based on the blinds and your stack to play this hand other than a possible limp... I lean towards folding, there's also a higher chance they will knock each other out fighting over the blinds if they are calling this wide.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea, thats why im havng a hard time figuring out what to do here. Folding seems too weak here, yet pushing with 15BBs doesn't seem right either. 3X raising is essentially the same as naked stealing, since i dont think i can call a re-raise. Does limping make any sense? I'm confident post flop, but this won't be easy to play unless a set flops. And then what if im raised preflop? Every option here sounds crappy to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think limping would be a viable option. Not for set value....but because you're in position and it's a +EV play.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya completely agree. Let's not get too crazy trying to limp here, and it sucks having to raise/call allin, so just put it in before they have the chance.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya completely agree. Let's not get too crazy trying to limp here, and it sucks having to raise/call allin, so just put it in before they have the chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I limp, I fold to a RR here. That is why I am leaning towards folding preflop. 66 is just too tough to play vs. these guys with this stack.