Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2007, 09:42 PM

Default World of Warcraft : I don\'t get it ???

I've downloaded the free trial and played this game for two days now (maybe an hour total) what's the big deal? It seems kinda boring actually...am I missing something?

I'm in the Draka realm
Old 01-02-2007, 09:48 PM

Default Re: World of Warcraft : I don\'t get it ???

[ QUOTE ]
It seems kinda boring actually...am I missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, you're just smarter than anyone here who's played WoW. WoW is a boring, monotonous grind that usually starts off fun and keeps you hooked until you realize what a waste it is. If you already hate the game, consider yourself lucky. Rest assured, it's all downhill from here.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, you're just smarter than anyone here who's played WoW. WoW is a boring, monotonous grind that usually starts off fun and keeps you hooked until you realize what a waste it is. If you already hate the game, consider yourself lucky. Rest assured, it's all downhill from here.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, I'd much rather fire up a game of zelda or something...how much dueling can you do?

glad to see I'm not insane
Old 01-02-2007, 09:55 PM

Stop while you still can?
Old 01-02-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've downloaded the free trial and played this game for two days now (maybe an hour total) what's the big deal? It seems kinda boring actually...am I missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and No. Depends on your point of view.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and No. Depends on your point of view.

[/ QUOTE ]

basically you complete these quests to get high levels this is obvious. I guess the cool part is when you team with tons of people to complete larger quests?

and that is supposed to be fun?
Old 01-02-2007, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
basically you complete these quests to get high levels this is obvious. I guess the cool part is when you team with tons of people to complete larger quests?

and that is supposed to be fun?

[/ QUOTE ]

The most fun of the game is to be had in the beginning and the end. I actually really enjoyed very early game WoW (especially as the undead) because the quests are close by, VERY rewarding (you gain levels at blinding speed; level 10 can be had in 5 hours easy) and it's fast. The game ends up becoming more of the same, except it just gets progressively slower and more complicated. Around level 30 or so the quests become utterly worthless, and all you go is grind out on NPCs until level 60 (that takes a LONG [censored] time, you could probably beat all the N64 and Gamecube Zelda games during this time).

At level 60 you can go on big raids with other losers. I'm told that the game doesn't really begin until level 60, but a game that takes two weeks of playtime to get to the fun part is NOT worth playing. (Truthfully, I think anyone who thinks the game is fun at that point it just trying to justify to themselves the fact that they just put up with two weeks of the most boring [censored] for no reason.)

Here's what you have to look forward to.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, I'd much rather fire up a game of zelda or something...how much dueling can you do?

glad to see I'm not insane

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're spending lots of time dueling, you're missing the point. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2007, 10:16 AM

I thought I was the only one who thought this game sucked.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:53 PM

Honestly, if you don't understand why people get so into those games, you might never understand. But consider it a blessing. With MMORPGs and similar games, if you don't play at least like 6 hours a day, you never get anywhere. I kind of told myself I wouldn't get anymore just because only two things can happen: either I dislike the game and I waste my money, or I like the game and I waste my life. It's a major lose/lose situation.