Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2007, 09:02 PM

Default Basic (?) Blind, Donk Bet, and Showdown Questions

Hi All,

A two month -425 BB downswing excursion has me questioning many situations that I previously felt confident about. Amongst other things, the increasing donk bets and often random hyper-agression from my opponents in the online mid-stakes games has led to inflated showdown percentages and general discomfort and uncertainty (-425 BB helps also). Anyways, please comment on some or all of the situations below. Please also feel free to make comments on similar situations where you might act differently:

Hand # 1
A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the BB (5 Handed)

UTG (31/23/2.10) {WTSD% 44} Raises, Folds around, You call
Flop:
9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

What's the plan?

Hand #2

A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the SB

Folds around, You raise, BB (same stats as Hand #1) calls
Flop:
2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Bet/Call...What's the plan when the turn bricks? How about the same situation with a flop of: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Lastly,
Hand #3

Folded around to us on the button w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] , Raise, SB Folds, BB Calls

Flop:
J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Same villian donks...plan?

Thank you all for your help in advance.
-Brian
Old 01-02-2007, 09:13 PM

Default Re: Basic (?) Blind, Donk Bet, and Showdown Questions

Also any general comments on my play from anyway who plays with me would be very helpfull.

Full Tilt, Ballzdeepx.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:29 PM

Hand 1, you can take a variety of approaches here. Try to get to showdown, unless terrible runners come.

Hand 2, I might 3 bet this flop. I'm probably taking this one to showdown too.

Hand 3, I call and reevaluate turn. There is no simple answer.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:49 PM

Hey Dean,
Thanks for your input. Any aggressive action in Hand #1 or just call down? Let's assume you've been playing solid overall.