Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2007, 08:42 PM

Default Advice wanted - This hand has been bothering me for over a day

I'm new to O/8, but have already played a hand that has bothered me since last night, and I'm still not sure how I should have approached it. Please read this and give me any advice that you have on how I should have been thinking during this hand.

Here's the hand (It's a cash game, Pot Limit)...
I'm on the button with 5 limpers. I have A K Q T. The K is suited to the J, but that doesn't really matter in this hand as you'll see. I call the BB. Pot is 6 BB.

My thoughts at the time: The high number of limpers means that there are probably a lot of low cards out already. Hopefully the flop is big cards and there is no low hand so that I can take the whole thing.

Flop: 9h Jc 2s

I love this flop! Only one card to a low hand, no flush possibilities, and any 8, T, Q, or K gives me the top straight.

Everyone checks to me, so I raise half pot (3 BB). Everyone calls. Pot is now 24 BB.

Turn is a 3d. My first thought was that this was bad, but then I thought that it could be good because it eliminated any flush possibilities, I still have 12 outs and maybe when I bet again I'll get a bunch of callers chasing a low.

It's checked around to me, I bet half pot again (12 BB). Everyone calls. Pot is now 96 BB.

River is 6d, someone bets pot and I fold because I have absolutely nothing.

When I think about this, I still think the flop bet was good, but maybe I should have checked on the turn.

What I'm really looking for here are the thoughts of experienced players, because that the time I thought I played it well, but I'm not so sure today.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:00 PM

Default Re: Advice wanted - This hand has been bothering me for over a day

cute post. stack sizes are needed, but generally i would bet the full pot on the flop and turn.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cute post.

[/ QUOTE ]It was darling indeed.

You played it fine. If you can get six callers to a big scoop draw with implied odds to boot, you're doing great.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:45 PM

Stack sizes are necessary to determine if you played the hand correctly. A better line may be bet the full pot on the flop and check through the turn. It depends on stack sizes and the number of callers. As played your line is fine. Relax, there's no reason to beat yourself up over the hand.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:04 AM

need stack sizes. i like the PSB on the flop, and re-eval on the turn. if the table is passive, and turn is rainbow i dont mind a pot pumper. but thats up to u, and ur feel on the table. generally i like a check behind on the turn tho..

just my 2c