Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2007, 06:54 PM

Default Neteller card activation not going well.

my friend ordered and received his neteller card a little while ago and has been trying to activate it. he's a little inept at problem solving, but he's not an idiot. he calls to activate the card and the automated system asks him for his social security number. neteller only has the last 4 digits of his social. he says the customer service for the card told him that he needs to call neteller and get them to log the entire social so that he can verify. he says he called neteller and they gave him the runaround.

is there a way to take care of this in one fell swoop? a better number he can call? i'm just going by what he told me, so it might be missing parts. but we're looking for the right place to get ahold of someone so he can activate this card.

anyone been in this spot? advice?
Old 01-02-2007, 08:12 PM

Default Re: Neteller card activation not going well.

Neteller has farmed out their debit cards to FSV Stored Payment Systems. So neteller will tell you to call them. Then they will say that for some customers neteller gave the last 4 and things work fine for them. But that for other customers, neteller provided the first 4. Thus those customers effectively end up giving up the entire social. And coupled with having to also provide that 3rd party w/ name, DOB and address, they effectively have your entire identity. It appears there is no other way around it, although I got by with first 3 in a contentious argument, although of course that only leaves 100 possibilities for them to figure out my entire social.

So just have your "friend" decide if he wants that debit card bad enough or not, and if not then to have neteller do e-checks to his bank account.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:17 PM

Default Re: Neteller card activation not going well.

At this point, use someone else.