Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2007, 11:51 AM

Default Simple Iraq Explanation: not Bush lied, Chalabi et al. lied

I post this as a common sense supposition for those on this board, of which there are many, who are convinced that Bush lied to get us into Iraq. You may believe it was for Halliburton or simply as a convenient excuse to have greater U.S. presence in the oil rich region, but regardless of your reasoning you know you were lied to and despise Bush and his policies as a result of the deception.

I ask you to consider this: Ahmed Chalabi and his cronies filled in the U.S. intelligence gaps with information filled with lies sprinkled with small truths(be it Saddam's nuclear ambitions or chemical weapon laboratory trucks, etc.) that they knew would fit nicely into the Bush adm. neocon worldview that was manifesting itself at the time. Why? Well they needed the U.S. military to get Saddam out of power, not a chance they could do it on their own. Given what is now known about the intelligence the Chalabi types were feeding the U.S. at the time, rather than believe Bush had evil ulterior motives, take a moment to give this explanation a chance: That it was merely the combination of a small group of Iraqi's quest to overthrow Saddam with an administration all to willing to accept what they wanted to hear. It was not for Halliburton, not for Bush's oil buddies, not for vengeance for the assassination plot on Bush Sr. Simply an administration that in a post 9/11 world that did not want a megalomaniacal dictator in that region of the world possessing WMD's, and being hoodwinked by a few Iraqi's into doing their dirty work for them, that is the overthrowing of Saddam.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Simple Iraq Explanation: not Bush lied, Chalabi et al. lied

one small nit:

"chemical weapon laboratory trucks"

this was not a "sprinkled small truth", it was another lie.

Now to the point:

I think the world is flat. I will seek out people who profess that the world is flat. I will only listen to flatness concepts, any evidence that the world is not flat will be ignored.

There! It is not my fault if the world turns out to be round, I was mislead by my "intelligence".

PS: The world is flat. I have observed some flat-like parts to the world, so I can not ever be completely wrong.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:26 PM

A valiant attempt at trying to make the "Bush lied" crowd think, but it is useless. They dont WANT to think, they want to spout illogical, unsupportable and/or unprovable hypotheses because they make good slogans and bumper stickers. Another example is "the War on Iraq increased terrorism" manure.

Edit: oh yeah, add "irrelevent" to the list of problems with the "increased terrorism" claims.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
one small nit:

Now to the point:

I think the world is flat. I will seek out people who profess that the world is flat. I will only listen to flatness concepts, any evidence that the world is not flat will be ignored.

There! It is not my fault if the world turns out to be round, I was mislead by my "intelligence".

PS: The world is flat. I have observed some flat-like parts to the world, so I can not ever be completely wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

The truth in the chemical weapon laboratory truck is of course the Iraqi's well known ability to produce chemical weapons.

Cardcounter, I'm curious as to your explanation as to the reason for Colin Powell's complicity in the elaborate deception. As a highly respected career military man with no political ambitions, and as a man who we now know was opposed to the invasion, why would he allow himself to be used by Bush in 'the lie', knowing full well he would later be disgraced when the truth ultimately emerged?(as we know his reputation has been greatly tarnished by his U.N. presentation)
Old 01-02-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
one small nit:

Now to the point:

[/ QUOTE ]

QED
Old 01-02-2007, 01:08 PM

I don't feel the deception was all that elaborate.

I think Bush has been surrounded by yes men all his life, and the Rethuglicans have been marching in lockstep spouting the party line to any crazy idea that the spin machine comes up with, there is no need to come up with elaborate deceptions.

They could have claimed Iraq harbored little green men, and people would still be spinning stories as to where the little green men went, and why they have not been found, since we all know for a fact the little green men existed.

The administration had become so used to any gibberish being swallowed, I don't think they gave any thought that they would later be questioned. Besides, in two weeks time the Iraqi people would be greeting us with flowers, and milk and honey would flow for all.

Another nit:

"Iraqi's well known ability to produce chemical weapons"

Of course Iraqi had the "ability" to produce chemical weapons, one of the last things done before we invaded was to evacuate Bectel Corp. employees from the country, who were busy building a huge chemical plant for Iraq.

So were is the huge stash of chemical weapons? What chemical weapons did Iraq unleash to defend itself? The only chemical weapons I know of, was a few old decomposing shells that we had sold them. Please provide a link showing all the chemical weapons, or evidence of their use.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Another example is "the War on Iraq increased terrorism" manure.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure, go with that.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't feel the deception was all that elaborate.

I think Bush has been surrounded by yes men all his life, and the Rethuglicans have been marching in lockstep spouting the party line to any crazy idea that the spin machine comes up with, there is no need to come up with elaborate deceptions.

They could have claimed Iraq harbored little green men, and people would still be spinning stories as to where the little green men went, and why they have not been found, since we all know for a fact the little green men existed.

The administration had become so used to any gibberish being swallowed, I don't think they gave any thought that they would later be questioned. Besides, in two weeks time the Iraqi people would be greeting us with flowers, and milk and honey would flow for all.

Another nit:

"Iraqi's well known ability to produce chemical weapons"

Of course Iraqi had the "ability" to produce chemical weapons, one of the last things done before we invaded was to evacuate Bectel Corp. employees from the country, who were busy building a huge chemical plant for Iraq.

So were is the huge stash of chemical weapons? What chemical weapons did Iraq unleash to defend itself? The only chemical weapons I know of, was a few old decomposing shells that we had sold them. Please provide a link showing all the chemical weapons, or evidence of their use.

[/ QUOTE ]

David Kay's report should give you all the info. you need as to the post war assessment of Saddam's pre-war capabilities.

You and others of like mind refuse to address why a man such as Colin Powell would deliberately deceive the world in an attempt to start a war he was vehemently opposed to. Probably because there really is no plausible explanation as to why Powell would be complicit in the lie. And as a result diminishes the likelihood of your belief system of an evil Bush with ulterior motives actually being reality.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:22 PM

I think the point is that the War on Iraq had nothing to do with the increase in terrorism. It is obvious the increase in terrorism is due to Global Warming and the elimination of prayer in the classroom.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the point is that the War on Iraq had nothing to do with the increase in terrorism. It is obvious the increase in terrorism is due to Global Warming and the elimination of prayer in the classroom.

[/ QUOTE ]

two words dude. Gay marraige.