Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2007, 08:29 PM

Default 100nl: Is TPGK the nuts here versus this total maniac?

Villian is a total maniac over 60+ hands - 65/45/3.5. Examples of his play include overbetting the pot ALOT, openraising to $10 PF, and just generally putting tons of pressure on people and puttin people to the test alot.

CO is 15.5/6/3.4 - a nit basically.

Does anyone fold this after CO bets? I certainly thought about it...

After we get CR'ed by maniac and CO folds (yeh, wtf?!) i still think there is a good chance I have the best hand here, as this play would not be uncommon for him. However, I hadnt seen him show down enough hands yet (because of his massive aggression) to determine what his range here is, and I wasn't liking having to put my whole stack in to find out.

However, does anyone like a flop call and call push or push any turn?

This hand felt like spew to me, as if I'm calling the opriginal bet I need to commit to the hand here I think, especially against this guy.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($221.40)
CO ($84)
Hero ($117.90)
SB ($57.60)
BB ($117.25)
UTG ($100.20)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $4</font>, CO calls $4, Hero calls $4, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $3.

Flop: ($16.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $9</font>, Hero calls $9, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $36</font>, CO folds, Hero ???
Old 01-01-2007, 08:33 PM

Default Re: 100nl: Is TPGK the nuts here versus this total maniac?

I wouldn't fold here, I don't think. Get it in on the turn.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:35 PM

I'd call and either c/c or crai the turn, depending on how much he bets.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:22 PM

this is very marginal, I hate to pay them off when they happen to have AJ or Qs. Did you notice if he uses to CR as a bluff or if he CRes with good hands?

Note that some bad players (most?) think of the CR as an advance move and use it with strong hands. If he always bets , bets and bets, why did he check that flop?

I am not sure you got involved with KJs to stack off on TP2K.

Will he ever slow down on the next streets depending on what he has?
Old 01-01-2007, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is very marginal, I hate to pay them off when they happen to have AJ or Qs. Did you notice if he uses to CR as a bluff or if he CRes with good hands?

Note that some bad players (most?) think of the CR as an advance move and use it with strong hands. If he always bets , bets and bets, why did he check that flop?

I am not sure you got involved with KJs to stack off on TP2K.

Will he ever slow down on the next streets depending on what he has?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point.

He usually leads out most of the time (although I have a limited read because I dont have that many hands on him), so yes, that ws suspicious to me and was part of the reason I layed it down. If he comes out betting I'm likely to call him down lighter than if he cr's two of us.

I think he would slow down after the flop if he doesnt have the J - most of his agression is on the flop and then he is a little more cautious on the later streets (even though he is still very loose on those streets). However, I think we have to decide on flop whether we're felting this hand.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:19 PM

I'd call him down. If you weant his money in the middle, which I would in this situation He will probally put it in there for you yet if you stand up you show that you will ot back down (re-raise) he will fold air......act weak and smooth call he has to lead out on the turnhope that he open dumps.....
Old 01-02-2007, 12:33 AM

I'd fold and wait for a better hand to stack this guy. If he is as bad as you say, you will get the chance. I am fighting the tendency to put my stack at risk against bad players with marginal hands. Bad players get good hands too, and if you get stacked with KJ, you are going to ask yourself later "what was I thinking?" If you call, it means you think he c/r you with QJ- you cool with that?
Old 01-02-2007, 12:34 AM

Location: Phase 1: collect underpants Phase 2: ??? Phase 3: Profit

i bet he's got 79 or 9t alot here.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:57 AM

I always think about the consequences of paying villain off in situations like this. For instance, a lot of bad villains will leave the table and end their session when they have made a decent amount. If the villain has a history of doing this, i am much more unlikely to push really small edges against him. In these situations against terrible players, its good to give up a short term +EV for long term ++++++++++EV.

Saying that, against a relatively unknown such as this, i'm probably not folding here.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:47 AM

If he is how you say he is, with CO out i'm pushing this all day.