Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2007, 06:29 PM

Default ** The OFFICIAL NFL Mock Draft Thread **

The draft order for the top nineteen has been set save for a coin flip to determine who will pick 3rd/4th between Tampa Bay and Cleveland.

1) Oakland
2) Detroit
3) Tampa Bay/Cleveland
4) Cleveland/Tampa Bay
5) Arizona
6) Washington
7) Minnesota
8) Houston
9) Miami
10) Atlanta
11) San Francisco
12) Buffalo
13) St. Louis
14) Carolina
15) Pittsburgh
16) Green Bay
17) Jacksonville
18) Cincinnati
19) Tennessee
20) TBA
21) Denver
22-32) TBA

That info can be found here.

Some of the top prospects follow. Feel free to submit your own scouting report.

Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame, Sr., 6-4 230lbs.
Great arm, outstanding accuracy, pretty good agility, ideal body for an NFL QB. Very intelligent, humble and hard-working. Basically no weaknesses.

Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin, Sr., 6-8 300 lbs.
Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech, Jr., 6-4 230 lbs.
Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson, Sr., 6-5 230 lbs.
Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma, Jr., 6-2, 218 lbs.
Alan Branch, DT, Michigan, Jr., 6-6, 320 lbs.
Leon Hall, CB, Michigan, Sr., 5-11, 193 lbs.
Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC, Jr., 6-5, 210 lbs.
LaRon Landry, S, LSU, Sr., 6-2, 190 lbs.
Ted Ginn, Jr., WR, Ohio State, Jr., 6-0, 175 lbs.
Quentin Moses, DE, Georgia, Sr., 6-5, 248 lbs.
Marshawn Lynch, RB, California, Jr., 5-11, 205 lbs.
Troy Smith, QB, Ohio State, Sr., 6-1, 215 lbs.
Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville, Jr., 6-4, 225 lbs.
Patrick Willis, ILB, Ole Miss, Sr., 6-2, 230 lbs.
Paul Posluszny, OLB, Penn St, Sr., 6-2, 230 lbs.
Quinn Pitcock, DT, Ohio State, Sr., 6-3, 295 lbs.
LaMarr Woodley, DE, Michigan, Sr., 6-2, 270 lbs.

1) Oakland - Brady Quinn. Raiders really need a franchise QB b/c Aaron Brooks and Andrew Walter aren't getting it done. Their defense has been underrated and was not really the problem this season. They also need help on the O-Line but Quinn is probably the player they covet.

2) Detroit - The Lions might be interested in Brian Brohm depending on how he does at the scouting combine. They may attempt to trade down in an effort to draft him. Or they could take Adrian Peterson or Joe Thomas. Hard to say with the Lions. Taking Calvin Johnson wouldn't be a total shock either.

3) Cleveland/Tampa Bay - The Browns reportedly are very high on Michigan's Alan Branch to clog up the middle. They also need a RB so drafting Peterson wouldn't be a surprise. Tampa has an aging defense that sorely needs an infusion of young talent. Look for them to draft Branch or Gaines Adams from Clemson. Tampa may also take Calvin Johnson as Joey Galloway is getting long in the tooth.

5) Arizona - The Cardinals will almost certainly take Joe Thomas if he falls to them b/c they have an abysmal offensive line.

6) Washington - The Redskins biggest weakness is defensive line as they were last in the NFL in sacks and interceptions. They get almost no pressure on the quarterback and will take Alan Branch or Gaines Adams if one of them falls to #6. If neither are available, the Skins might trade down as they only have one first-day pick. Trading down might be quite feasible if Calvin Johnson were still on the board.

7) Minnesota - The Vikings would almost definitely take Calvin Johnson if he somehow fell this far. If not they could take Dwayne Jarrett.

8) Houston - The Texans need a RB and would probably take Peterson if he fell this far. Marshawn Lynch is probably high on their board as well.

9) Miami - The Dolphins are getting old on defense and could take LaMarr Woodley or Quentin Moses.

10) Atlanta - Perhaps Dwayne Jarrett would be the pick here or an offensive lineman such as Jake Long from Michigan or Justin Blalock from Texas.

Feedback/discussion of picks would be welcomed. Let's use this thread in the coming weeks and leading up to April's draft.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:33 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own
Default Re: ** The OFFICIAL NFL Mock Draft Thread **

u think jarret is better than calvin johnson?
Old 01-01-2007, 06:36 PM

I think Johnson just showed what he can do if he's thrown even a DECENT ball. If he played with NFL caliber QBs like Jarrett has it wouldn't even be a discussion.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:37 PM

Fixed. CJ is in there now.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
8) Houston - The Texans need a RB and would probably take Peterson if he fell this far. Marshawn Lynch is probably high on their board as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since they didn't take Reggie last year, I can't see them taking a RB this year. If they do, and I was a Texans fan, I would be very very angry.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:51 PM

Is Joe Thomas worth trading up to say #2-4 for?

Not sure if he would actually drop to #5.

It would be sweet if Cards splurged on Leonard Davis with intention of moving him back to originally guard position.

Then draft Thomas to take his place at Tackle.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:31 PM

Not sure if he's worth it, but a lot of mock drafts had Arizona taking Thomas at #2 about a month ago, before they won 3 of their last 5 to close the season.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:23 PM

A few guys you left out who will probably be top 20 picks (*=underclassmen):

*Reggie Nelson, S/CB, Florida-Top DB in the draft, may be moved to CB in the NFL because of his weight. Ballhawk, Good in coverage, great hitter.

*Jake Long, T, Michigan-Should be a top 10 pick if he comes out. Depending on how players fall, could go as high as TB or Cle.

*Jamarcus Russell, QB, LSU-He's flying up the charts, could go as high as #2 to Detroit. Personally, I have Quinn, Brohm and John Beck, BYU ranked higher.

*Frank Okam, DT, Texas-May stay in school, would probably go 10-20 if he comes out.

Justin Blalock, G, Texas-Can play guard or tackle. Will probably be an NFL guard and the first one drafted.

Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona-One of 6 CB's with similiar value (Hall; *Darelle Revis, Pitt; Simeon Castle, Alabama; Marcus McCaulley, Fresno St; Daymeion Hughes, Cal) who could go anywhere from #10-#40

Quinn Pitcock has probably fallen out of the first round.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:26 PM

IMO, Joe Thomas is the best player in the draft. Definitley worth trading up for.

I think the Lions win yesterday was a blessing in disguse allowing them to draft Thomas without the fear/scrutiny of passing up Brady Quinn.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO, Joe Thomas is the best player in the draft. Definitley worth trading up for.

I think the Lions win yesterday was a blessing in disguse allowing them to draft Thomas without the fear/scrutiny of passing up Brady Quinn.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the success of McNeil and Mangold I doubt this. Teams will take Best Available Player.