Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2006, 02:01 AM

Default another hand :)

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 5.25 BB

Should I just fold to the flop bet, or raise?

TX...I am learning alot posting these and discussing them, Briton
Old 02-06-2006, 02:03 AM

Default Re: another hand :)

This is also fine. It's generally customary not to post so many hands in rapid succession out of consideration for other posters. I'd encourage you to reply to more hands. Most veterans will tell you that they learn more from replying than from posting. See the FAQ under Grunching.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:06 AM

Ok, thanx for all your help. Would it be bettor to put alot of them on one post? Its just that i learn alot from doing then discusing. I am a hands on learner [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

B
Old 02-06-2006, 02:09 AM

No. Multiple hands in one post, especially hands that aren't related to one another, are even worse than multiple posts. However, try some hands on learning by replying rather than posting. If you're serious about getting better, that's the way to do it. Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back (heh).
Old 02-06-2006, 02:12 AM

I just want to reiterate that replying to hands is BY FAR the best way to learn. It allows you to see where your thought process is roght/wrong, rather than us trying to guess your thoughts based on your play. When you reply, make sure you give reasons for your opinions since that will be critical to your development.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:16 AM

Cool, I will do that. Thanx for you help.

I started bonus whoring about 6 months ago, and have made alot of money.

However I am now just playing at Party to improve my game and am finding it much for satisfying actually learning and winning at the game. Now I need to find a place as loose as party with a bonus or rakeback....
Old 02-06-2006, 02:49 AM

I think this is a fold/raise situation on the flop. The pot is small, and if he has anything, you're drawing to an ace and a backdoor flush draw- not good.

If you raise and he calls, you likely bought a free card on the turn. If he fires back, then you can lay the hand down.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a fold/raise situation on the flop. The pot is small, and if he has anything, you're drawing to an ace and a backdoor flush draw- not good.

If you raise and he calls, you likely bought a free card on the turn. If he fires back, then you can lay the hand down.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense to the above poster, but he has 4 total posts. Down anyone else think they would raise the flop take the free card here?

TX BRIT
Old 02-06-2006, 03:37 AM

post counts are irrelavant, evaluate the posts for their content, not the number under the name

whether to peel or not has to do with whether or not he bets a small pair into you

I don't think its a raise of fold situation at all
Old 02-06-2006, 06:57 AM

I would raise. What are you hoping to hit? A bdfd and an overcard that might not be good. You dont have the pot odds to call and a call gives you no info as to whether the BB is just in blind defence mode and auto betting anything on the flop. I would raise the flop and bet the turn if checked to regardless of what card comes down.