Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2006, 05:15 PM

Default Science told: hands off gay sheep

I don't see how this can NOT make for a good thread!
Old 12-31-2006, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Science told: hands off gay sheep

Im a firm believer in gay marriage/rights, but see no reason to not straighten up an animal if it means economic reward.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:27 PM

Great, a realistic possibility of my previously hypothetical 'straight pill', a subject of another thread.

In that thread I argued that it is more humane, given the current social status of gays, to disseminate the cure for gayness to newborn babies. I also figured gays would get upset over this, and they have the right to; but, I don't think it's something that should get decided by political correctness or sensitivity.

This could get interesting...
Old 12-31-2006, 05:37 PM

I don't understand why we should even want human beings to be exclusively heterosexual.

Also, I agree with CMI. Animals have a distinct lack of rights that largely separates them from us. Millions of animals are selectively bred and raised in death camps across the country only to provide food for us. No one's worrying about soylent green stemming from this practice.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why we should even want human beings to be exclusively heterosexual...

[/ QUOTE ]

So, I take it you did not tap the guy to stop at the orgy? (Not that there is anything wrong with that.) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-31-2006, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im a firm believer in gay marriage/rights, but see no reason to not straighten up an animal if it means economic reward.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. And I'm not positive I have a problem with it on people either; would there be such an outcry if, say, parents could choose hair color instead?

I seriously doubt that if this were even possible, there would be serious incidences of people wishing they weren't straight.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I seriously doubt that if this were even possible, there would be serious incidences of people wishing they weren't straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Straight people don't know what they're missing. A gay man can get laid MUCH more easily than a straight man, and men are much better at certain things than women are.

Oh, and there is no such thing as pregnancy.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Straight people don't know what they're missing.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they don't know what they're missing, will they really miss it? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 12-31-2006, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Straight people don't know what they're missing. A gay man can get laid MUCH more easily than a straight man, and men are much better at certain things than women are.

[/ QUOTE ]

In fact, this is the most important ethical argument to be made in this discussion.

(Similarly, where do you draw the line with programming people, and deciding what's best for them???)
Old 12-31-2006, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In fact, this is the most important ethical argument to be made in this discussion.

(Similarly, where do you draw the line with programming people, and deciding what's best for them???)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd go as far as to say that, if homosexual men weren't the subject of such scorn, I would rather be attracted to men than women. Unfortunately I'm not, but I think the pros would far outweigh the cons, and I don't know if I ever plan to have my own children anyway.