Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2006, 10:40 PM

Default Razz: up against a tilting maniac, where do I fold?

I already took about 20 bets off this guy in less than 5 minutes. He was tilting ridiculously hard. Hands like the one below were somewhat standard.

6th is a fold, I'm pretty sure (maybe I can call 6th and river, hoping he's paired?). I called in the heat of the moment. But I can call 5th w/ 3rd and 4rd being capped, right?

Razz ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.25 SB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___raises___calls
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___raises___raises

4th Street - (8.25 SB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___raises

5th Street - (8.13 BB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (10.13 BB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

River - (12.13 BB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets

Total pot: (12.13 BB)
Old 12-30-2006, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Razz: up against a tilting maniac, where do I fold?

Even against a tilting maniac this is horrible on so many streets, I personally think your the tilting maniac in this hand.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:55 PM

So many streets? Third and fourth look fine to me. Fifth doesn't look that great, but the pot is a bit bloated. Sixth is a pretty clear fold. And hero did fold on the river. So I think he blew two out of five streets, which ain't great, but I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the other streets if you know something I don't.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So many streets? Third and fourth look fine to me. Fifth doesn't look that great, but the pot is a bit bloate

[/ QUOTE ]

If the villain holds a hand like A2(T) on 3rd street the Hero's pot bloating on 4th isnt a good move, its a coin toss. He might be a maniac, but he could also win the hand as evidenced above.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2006, 02:15 PM

The other guy had a King in the door, not a Ten. Hero is a 2:1 favorite on third if the other guy has A2 in the hole. I think that's a large enough edge that he should exploit it. Again assuming A2 in the hole, hero is about a 3:2 favorite on fourth. A wait-and-see approach might be a better line, but I certainly don't think that jamming was awful.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:51 PM

you can't pass up 3:2 edge here ever IMHO.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:08 PM

I think slowing down on 4th is probably best. You caught bad while he improved slightly. From the action on third street you know he is not folding. I think that you have to let it go on 5th, as you need to catch good twice to have any kind of a hand at all. You are 62-37 dog if he holds as poor as 8 9 in the hole with 2 wheel cards that did not pair you are 70-30. I think that it would be best to pack it in and wait for a better spot.

*TT* Is my reasoning too weak tight here, or am I correct?
Old 12-30-2006, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think slowing down on 4th is probably best. You caught bad while he improved slightly. From the action on third street you know he is not folding. I think that you have to let it go on 5th

[/ QUOTE ]

you're guaranteed to be a favorite on fourth, and the pot was capped on third and fourth, so if you fold fifth you are lighting money on fire.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:25 PM

I thought that it was worse than 70:30 on fifth street. Given the size of the pot, you have to call on fifth. So I think that sixth was the only bad street. I'm interested in hearing dissenting arguments.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought that it was worse than 70:30 on fifth street. Given the size of the pot, you have to call on fifth. So I think that sixth was the only bad street. I'm interested in hearing dissenting arguments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why stop raising third and fourth? I'd happily move in 1 bet at a time.

That is 2 more bad streets.