Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Probability
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2006, 03:39 PM

Default Random Music

An NPR story I heard today. You can listen here.

[ QUOTE ]
Noah Adams talks to Doyle Dean, a former rock drummer living in New Harmony, Ind. He writes songs that use chord and drum patterns randomly selected by dice rolls. He burns CDs with his songs and leaves them at places like truck stops, hoping the random people who pick one up give him feedback.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-29-2006, 05:08 PM

Default Re: Random Music

Ugh. I heard that on DayToDay, too. I don't know why people think NPR is silly and self-indulgent. It's, um, not. Sometimes. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

One of the producers on DayToDay is Mike Pesca. I might be his biggest fan. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] He used to work for On The Media, and still comes back to guest-host. OtM is probably my favorite public radio show; really smart and very well done.

Mike also has a podcast, On Gambling with Mike Pesca, which this forum would probably like. Pesca got on Jeopardy a few months ago, but warned his listeners NOT to watch the show when it aired and instead tape it. When he watched the show live, he recorded a sort of "contestant commentary track" and put it up as an mp3. Then the listeners could push play on their mp3player at the same time as their TV, and get Mike's analysis and comments and game theory during the show. Really fun.
-Sam