Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2006, 04:34 AM

Default VPIP/PFR/AF for Stars $0.50/1

Hi,

I have stuck to $.25/.50 for some time playing with stats of 18/10/2.1 and plan to move up the Stakes....I would greatly appreciate if someone could guide me as to what vpip/pfr/af stats wud be feasible for $0.5/$1 at poker stars....Tx
Old 12-29-2006, 04:37 AM

Default Re: VPIP/PFR/AF for Stars $0.50/1

ace, lots of guys play different styles (stats)...your stats seem like a normal tag style, but the question is i mean are you winning/beating the game? do you have a lot of hands? do you have a good bankroll to move up in limits? if so good luck! post hands here! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-29-2006, 04:42 AM

yes ur right...I play a tght agressive game and have beaten the game over a very considerable sample @ 2.4 bb/100....have made a sufficient bank roll of 600 bb for the next stake ....intend to move up but am not sure what to expect nor what stats wud be appropriate for a tght agressive player like me
Old 12-29-2006, 04:45 AM

well if your style is working, keep it, play a while and see how you do. i wouldn't change it unless something goes wrong after a long sample. i don't think there's a huge difference between .25/.50 and .5/1 ... if you are nervous, watch the tables for a while to get the hang of it, or open up a couple tables then sit at the one that looks the best.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:20 PM

As your knowledge of the game grows, you'll probably care less and less what your numbers are.

I don't know exactly what my xx/x/x numbers are. I know that the VPIP is in the 19-23% range or so. I'm very aggressive preflop (dictated by mostly playing tables that call for blind stealing) and I'm appropriately aggro post flop.

I have no idea what my WtSD is. That is actually something I probably need to know and maybe should focus on more, but I'm still kicking ass despite that. Why? I'm more focuses on just trying to make the right decisions at the table. As long as I do that, who cares what number I have.

It's not a bad thing for a starter up to want to fall into ranges that seem good for a winning player, but more energy should go into studying your play and posting and commenting on hands posted here, so you can get your head beaten in when you're wrong.

Best of luck.
Old 12-29-2006, 03:29 PM

I sat in on a .50/1 stars table this morning and it was a rock garden. About the 3rd time it was folded to the blinds or raised from mp and everyone folded I decided it was time to go. Next hand I raise pre-flop with some ace get called and raised on a blank flop, 3-bet and lead the blank turn and blank river and the guy folds on the river. Very small sample but it seems like .50/1 tables get squeeky tight quickly. When I got in line for this table it had a 40 vpip and had a 7 deep waiting list. Most everything else was under 30.
Old 12-29-2006, 03:31 PM

yeah don't get on waiting lists with 7 people in front of you, you know they are tags who are gonna fill up the table with the fish. get on tables that are newly forming, or tables with no waiting lists.
Old 12-29-2006, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah don't get on waiting lists with 7 people in front of you, you know they are tags who are gonna fill up the table with the fish. get on tables that are newly forming, or tables with no waiting lists.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hope springs eternal, but yea, you're right. Fortunately the cards hit me in the face for the orbit I was in. Certainly makes me want a bigger roll before I move up again.
Old 12-29-2006, 03:51 PM

Agree. In my opinion the differencefrom table to table is much more apparent than any difference between those two limit levels.They really do play about the same.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:07 PM

I just moved up from 25 cent / 50 cent to 50 cent / 1 dollar on Poker Stars. I have played 347 hands over the past week. I wont speak to your stats (or mine), but I will tell you the differences I've noticed.

As mentioned above the games are tighter, the bad players stand out more because there are less of them and you can still use your same techniques to take their money. There are other players that are more aggressive than you're used to, and others like you trying to take advantage of the poorer players. You must figure out who is who and learn how to beat them.

People will pay attention to how you play, so take advantage of your table image.

You will steal the blinds more, bluff and semi-bluff more. Value bet less.

You are not going to beat this level today or tommorow, keep plugging away at it. Think about how to get more money into the pots you win and less into the pots you lose.