Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2006, 12:45 AM

Default iPod Shuffle (2nd Gen) alternatives?

I'm looking for a small portable mp3 player specifically for jogging.

I would totally buy the Apple 1 GB iPod Shuffle (2nd Generation) and especially like the clip attachment, but am turned off by not being able to Drag and Drop files without iTunes. That's lame.

Do you all have any alternative recommendations to the iPod Shuffle 2nd Gen? Thanks!!

Ideally something small, clip-on, and drag & drop capabilities without needing software.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:06 AM

Default Re: iPod Shuffle (2nd Gen) alternatives?

these are expired deal off of slickdeals but creative has some cheapo mp3 players. check slickdeals periodically and theyll come up again. they run $10-40 w/ rebates for 512mb-2G.

Buy.com has Creative MuVo v100 1GB music player back in stock for $60 - $20 with Google Checkout - $20 rebate = $40 with free shipping. Thanks buding and universal_guru
Old 12-29-2006, 01:54 AM

Ive heard the Sansa players are good but ive never gotten one. For something this small i would go Shuffle tho.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking for a small portable mp3 player specifically for jogging.

I would totally buy the Apple 1 GB iPod Shuffle (2nd Generation) and especially like the clip attachment, but am turned off by not being able to Drag and Drop files without iTunes. That's lame.

Do you all have any alternative recommendations to the iPod Shuffle 2nd Gen? Thanks!!

Ideally something small, clip-on, and drag & drop capabilities without needing software.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stayed away from iTunes but once I bought my gf a Nano and got a free older iShuffle from Party Poker and a 2nd generation iShuffle from the Apple Store I've come to like iTumes.

The new iShuffle couple with the right stick in phones (I like the $30 Sony's from Amazon) is the nuts for working out and so on. For poker I use the new iShuffle for instrumental and soft stuff and the old one for rock. Works great for me.

BTW, I still use WinAmp for some stuff (like playing FLAC files) and an older version of MusitMatch for file tagging though.

~ Rick