Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2006, 03:06 PM

Default Whats that coming over the hill is it a Monster?

Some Christmas pokah action generated the following hyachachchahandaments [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] :

Villan is 68/40/4 over ~50hands and plays any two cards that look nice and if *really* nice will PFR them.
I suspect him to be a calling station but have only seen him enter alot pots and bet alot flops in small pots so far.
Minraises (preflop) and minbets a fair amount.

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $50
CO: $78.04
Button: $79.65
SB: $48.33
Hero: $64

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1</font>, 2 folds, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $6</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

<font color="blue">
Preflop I raise 3bettish vs his minraise to build a big pot with my big PP and obviously I want to shovel some money into the pot. SB is also really fishy so I don't mind him joining in the Christmas spirit and calling too.

</font>
Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($18, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $12</font>, UTG calls, SB folds.

<font color="blue">My standard 'rrz' flop bet 2/3 - maybe I should have potted?</font>

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($42, 2 players)

<font color="blue">hyachahaha what to do? I'm really lost here and confused about the best line and may have overthought about this and a similar NL100 hand whilst anlysing my recent rrz pots play. We have effectively $32 behind.</font>

Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $7.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $46</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG calls all-in $24.5</font>.
Uncalled bets: $14 returned to Hero.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($106, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $106)

Results:
Final pot: $106

Comments on all streets welcome but especially the turn+ and if orange reads this can coment on the in/correct grammatical use of hyachchachcha.

BTW did you get the band of the thread title?
Old 12-28-2006, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Whats that coming over the hill is it a Monster?

multiway w/ that flop, I pot it.

As played, c/c the turn. I would probably c/f the river though.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:31 PM

Turn conversation.

(villian): "I have a king but I don't want to feed your FD very much fuel"
(Hero): "I don't have a FD. I have a K and don't want you sucking out with a FD."
(villain): "mmmmmmmmmK, I'm good then"

(villain); "Thanks, nh"
Old 12-28-2006, 03:36 PM

Why did you raise the turn??? Def. pot the flop because this guy is coming along for the ride w/ any part of that. Why raise the turn??? He bet 1/6 pot, take the good odds call and pray. If you connect, push AI, if you don't check to him and call a donkish bet. I hate your line OP, b/c you're only folding hands you beat. I think there is a small chance you could be ahead of 2 pair here w/ this villain.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:58 PM

I'd bet more on the flop, probably a little more than the pot. Any made hand calling a 2/3-pot bet is probably calling a PSB or more, and with such a drawy board, I want to take away the implied odds the other guys have.

I don't really know the best way to play the turn, but if I checked, and he made that small of a bet, I would just call. He's probably tied enough to the pot to call on the river anyway if you hit, and he's giving you good enough pot odds if you're behind anyway.

Seems like he won't make you pay a ton on the river even if he is ahead and you don't improve, and seems like from your read there's enough chance that he could be doing this with 2 pair that you could call a moderate bet on the end.