Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2006, 04:46 AM

Default Manual Parlay Robusto... $10,000 or BUST

This is partially an ode to iggymcfly's idea with the college bowls.

<u>The objective:</u>
To become robusto by betting in manual parlay fashion. Start with $100, bet all won money on the next game... probably won't stop until I reach $10,000 (7 or 8 bets) but who knows. I'm most comfortable betting the NBA right now but I'm open to other sports as well.

<u>What's in it for YOU:</u>
People who help me pick the best plays along the way in this journey will be rewarded if I reach my goal... I will share the wealth: if I get to $10,000, I'm willing to give between $100-200 to each person who gave me a good bet along the way... so around 10% of my net profit will go back to 2+2.

Bet 1: NBA Miami +6 @ Chicago. $100 to win $90.91
I really like the Heat in this spot. They will be on two days rest, not to mention they will surely be out for revenge after being trounced by 40 in their home opener by the Bulls a couple of months back. Chicago will also be tired, having played a tough game at Minnesota the previous night. Heat might even win this outright, but for our manual parlay I'll take the points.

Edit: sorry, the first bet is already locked in so I won't be taking suggestions... but then again, if it looks bad early on, I'll probably be open to ideas for later games on the schedule [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Edit 2: I realize I could've gotten this line at +102 but in my late night ignorance I bet it on Bodog which is where most of my sports roll is... so -110 it is [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-27-2006, 06:39 AM

Default Re: Manual Parlay Robusto... $10,000 or BUST

Not sure how much you really need our advice. You would have likely been 11-0-1 today if Chris Paul hadn't gone down. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If it were a different sport, I might try to give advice anyway, but I really haven't been following the NBA this year at all. I'm 0-1 on the season. GL with the Heat though.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:05 PM

Haha thanks Iggy. I hope to see both of us wagering big and winning big in the next week or so [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-27-2006, 01:59 PM

if only you'd waited until today.. anyway i know its too late that you're already locked into the miami and chicago game but for the "sure bet win" of the night i really like boston to cover against LAC. i'll come back tomorrow to see if i can contribute or not.. i wanna see you make that 10gs
Old 12-27-2006, 02:54 PM

Thanks newOcean... who knows, if Mia/Chi isn't looking too good at halftime I might want to get in on something else.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:35 PM

Uh Dwyane Wade left the game with a wrist injury so that basically ruins my bet.

So scratch that due to unforeseen circumstances. I will count a different bet as my manual parlay robusto starting bet:

Bet 1a: NBA Minnesota @ Toronto -1.5. $100 to win $90.91 -- WIN

Looking at the late games for my second bet... not sold on the Celtics -- are Pierce and Wally still out?
Old 12-27-2006, 10:36 PM

So I am done with my short career of betting NBA ball. My 3 big plays of the season so far included tonight with D Wade getting hurt. The Mavericks game with Dirk getting injured, and the Rockets game when Yao Ming got injured. The Mavs somehow came back and covered so other than my Prop bets involving Dirk I won money, but the other 2 sucked balls. I am very very unlucky at this [censored].

Did I mention I hate the NBA.

-Brendan
Old 12-27-2006, 10:37 PM

Pierce and Wally are out, Perkins might play.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:38 PM

Wow that's brutal brendan, I feel for you.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:13 PM

Um... right when I thought they were dead I checked the score of the Miami-Chicago game and here come the HEAT hot out of the gates at halftime... score is 70-66 with 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Wow.