Cutoff + 2 is at seat 4 with 2170.
Cutoff + 1 is at seat 5 with 5875.
Cutoff is at seat 6 with 1640.
Button is at seat 7 with 1390.
SmallBlind is at seat 9 with 945.
The button is at seat 7.

SmallBlind posts the small blind of 20.
abel posts the big blind of 40.

abel holds 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Pre-flop:
Cutoff + 3 calls. Cutoff + 2 folds. Cutoff + 1 folds. Cutoff calls. Button folds. SmallBlind calls. abel checks.

Flop (board: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]):
SmallBlind checks. <font color="red"> abel bets 120</font>. Cutoff + 3 calls. Cutoff calls. SmallBlind calls.

Turn (board: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]):
SmallBlind checks. <font color="red"> abel ... </font>

Excuse the nasty look, had to convert by hand. Early in the tournament, no reads, what do you do?
Old 12-26-2006, 04:52 AM

Default Re: $1 Turbo Flop Top 2

At this level people are calling the flop with a wide range of hands. The jack only helped 89 and KQ, which is only two hands of many (any ace, a few tens, etc) so I probably figure to be ahead way more often than not. That being the case I am betting the turn and probably pushing most rivers as well.

I would make it ~400.

Also not to totally nitpick but AT would be top two. This is top and bottom. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-26-2006, 05:04 AM

bet the pot or close to it.
3 calls is indeed scary but you have to remember it's 1$ freeroll... ppl are much (much more) looser. the only hands I would be afraid of here is 89, and 77, and as woohoo88 said, you will be ahead most of the times here.

ppl here play all sore of hands... it very resonable that any one of them has - AX (up to 8), t7, and some kinds of belly-buster (J8, KJ, QJ etc... yea ppl are that crazy).
but in second thought, the Jack was really a bad card... mostly because of the 89 (and maybe KQ? but ppl raise preflop with that). I can see hear check/fold or a bet on the turn, and an all in on the river.

I think I would bet here.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:37 AM

yea you're right about the top/bottom that does change things a little bit lol.

I was actually expecting at least two folds with the flop pot-bet, but when people called my mind started to race... thinking about it logically, I was behind AT/AJ/TT/77 all of whom might just let me dig my own coffin and are very possible to have limped in. When the turn opened up KQ/89, was wondering how much I need to bet and whether I could call an AI raise. 400 sounds good, I bet 1/2 pot (300) and it was two folds + push (300 or so back to me) from the short stack who flipped A3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] heh.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:56 AM

Exactly. that's thy you play the low limits-chumps.
the TT wasn't scary at all ppl always raise turbos with these hands. AT is very populat to open a pot as well.
I would be worried about 77 and 89. Ax (low kicker) was the most probable thing here, good call.