Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2006, 06:02 PM

Default to all affiliates/players

Hi,

Most of the affiliates here know who I am, and for those who don't - I am associated with one of PartyPokers largest affiliates.

I'd just like to thank our thousands of players and hundreds of sub-affiliates for their trust in us, and their efforts. We hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday Season.

I am not soliciting for players or affiliates, as many of our affiliates advertise here and we do not compete with our affiliates. I would like to recommend that everyone support the Poker Players Alliance's efforts concerning the recent US legislation. Please go here - http://www.pokerplayersalliance.org/ to see what they are doing to get online poker back in the US.

If anyone has any questions about Party, the PPA, or anything else, I'll try to answer them as best I can. Non-US players can expect some exciting changes at Party over the next few months.

All the best for a great New Year!~

Thanks

-AL
Old 12-24-2006, 07:43 PM

Default Re: to all affiliates/players

Hi AL, hope all is well with you these days.

You might consider reading this post... 2+2 Official Statement on the PPA ... and other related threads in the Legislation forum regarding issues with the PPA.
Old 12-24-2006, 07:51 PM

Yeah I think most here feel that the PPA is a total joke. Mason's post sums up what most of us have felt.
Old 12-24-2006, 09:26 PM

>You might consider reading this post... 2+2 Official Statement on the PPA

Hi, Thanks for the link. I don't come in here much and only scan a few topics. I'm not here to debate the credibility of the PPA. I do know that unlike other movements, it is only concerned with poker, that they have hired high power lobbyists, and that the principals are accessible. The number on the website is to facilitate potential. members. Also, those who question their membership money should realize that approximate million they collected was mostly paid by Party to players as a deposit bonus, and is a very small portion of the millions spent to lobbying organizations and campaign contributions. I am not necessarily an advocate for them, but it seems to make sense to me to support any movement that might help regain somne of our lost income.

All the best!

-AL
Old 12-25-2006, 01:59 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 12-25-2006, 07:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Al,

What do you think the chances are of Party ever allowing US players again?

(I know the standard line so please don't give me a political answer, I'm just asking, in your own opinion, given all of the relevant information and uncertainty and risks, what % chance would you say they have of re-entering)

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough question.
With a democratic congress, the chances are better than before. There are some who didn't even realize it was tacked on to the bill!

It seems that trying to get it repealed in its entirity would be the hardest to achieve, while getting a "poker carveout" based on poker being a game of skill is where lobbyists efforts are being concentrated. If enough elected officials get behind it, the possibility is good. I believe that the next six months will be critical, during which time the involvement and participation of those who can try to make it happen will be more evident.

Petitions sent to your congressmen would certainly help. Generally, when a petition is received, it is assumed it represents approximately 10% of people who feel the same, so a 100,000 name petition to a congressman will represent 1,000,000 - which is a lot of votes!

If all players got involved somehow, if not through the PPA some other way, it could do nothing but help. As far as a percentage, I really don't know. I do know that there are some positive responses from some elected officials who would get involved if more came on board.

Hope that helps
Old 12-25-2006, 05:03 PM

I would like to add that I have been very
unhappy with party poker lately. I have
been waiting almost 2 months now to get
my cashier password, their automatic retrieval
service does not work properly and they have
been very unhelpful via email. I waited on the
phone for 1 hour and 42 minutes on their customer
service line before I gave up. I am a patient
guy and understand the troubles that party
poker has been through lately but this is
rediculous.

Dan

Dan
Old 12-25-2006, 10:15 PM

I sent you a pm on this.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:13 PM

Any word on this PokerAl, I still have not heard back.

Dan
Old 02-03-2007, 11:46 AM

Everything has been taken care of now thank you for all your help AL.

-Dan