Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2006, 03:59 AM

Default Pre-Flop Valuables in Micro Limit

Most micro-limit games are very loose and the players love to gamble pre-flop and on the flop. So being patient pre-flop is very valuable.If you play for a while you will notice that big suited hands win the most money. Hands like AKs, AQs, Axs, Kxs, and hands like QJs, JTs etc; take down most of these multi-player pots. I've noticed that the hand values go up. One pair rarely wins these large multi-way pots. So you need to make two pair , a set, a straight or flush. Therfore if your patient and play nothing but drawing hands and use good judgement with big pairs you will win a lot of money. Position is not too important if the game is loose and passive. The more aggressive the game is the better it is to be in the back. Avoid unsuited hands like AJ AT Ax.KJ etc; unless your on the button and catch a strong flop. The key thing I've recognized and am trying to tell you is be patients and play mostly suited drawing hands and all pairs. Dont get too confident if you flop a pair, or with big unsuited cards before the flop.
Old 12-24-2006, 04:15 AM

Default Re: Pre-Flop Valuables in Micro Limit

That's it, poker theory is solved. Muck that SSHE book. My favorite is this :
[ QUOTE ]
Position is not too important if the game is loose and passive.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-24-2006, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Most micro-limit games are very loose and the players love to gamble pre-flop and on the flop. So being patient pre-flop is very valuable.If you play for a while you will notice that big suited hands win the most money. Hands like AKs, AQs, Axs, Kxs, and hands like QJs, JTs etc; take down most of these multi-player pots.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of the 50k hands I have in my database, my 5 biggest winning hands are AA, QQ, KK, JJ, and TT in that order. So I disagree.

Also this:
[ QUOTE ]
Position is not too important if the game is loose and passive.

[/ QUOTE ]
and this: [ QUOTE ]
Avoid unsuited hands like AJ AT Ax.KJ etc; unless your on the button and catch a strong flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't exactly agree.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One pair rarely wins these large multi-way pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Define "rarely". Then go take a 1000 hand sample of hands that went to showdown and count the number of times one pair (overpairs count) took it on the end. I think you'll find it wins more often that your definition of "rarely".
Old 12-24-2006, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most micro-limit games are very loose and the players love to gamble pre-flop and on the flop. So being patient pre-flop is very valuable.If you play for a while you will notice that big suited hands win the most money. Hands like AKs, AQs, Axs, Kxs, and hands like QJs, JTs etc; take down most of these multi-player pots. I've noticed that the hand values go up. One pair rarely wins these large multi-way pots. So you need to make two pair , a set, a straight or flush. Therfore if your patient and play nothing but drawing hands and use good judgement with big pairs you will win a lot of money. Position is not too important if the game is loose and passive. The more aggressive the game is the better it is to be in the back. Avoid unsuited hands like AJ AT Ax.KJ etc; unless your on the button and catch a strong flop. The key thing I've recognized and am trying to tell you is be patients and play mostly suited drawing hands and all pairs. Dont get too confident if you flop a pair, or with big unsuited cards before the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sound like me before I bought SSHE.

That should be a hint.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:43 PM

*nods thoughtfully*

friended. oh so friended.

no offense, dude, but make a name for yourself here before pontificating like this. This post seems a little...overwrought.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:02 PM

I love the confidence in this post. Bro, the first thing you need to learn if you want to be successful is the be humble. You need to understand that poker is not intuative by any means. Ive been playing for only a few months now and the more i play the more i realize how little I know. So, for you to just come out and claim something like this with out any evidence is absurd. Especially when it is obvious you dont have that much experiance when you claim something like position not mattering. I dont care what anyone says position is king in every game. Anyway not to be rude but there is just alot you need to learn first.

Read 2+2 everyday
Read SSHE
Play
Review Hand Historys
etc.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:01 PM

Your ideas intrigue me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter
Old 12-25-2006, 03:57 AM

Im more of an intuitive player, and that SSHE is a piece of crap
Old 12-25-2006, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im more of an intuitive player, and that SSHE is a piece of crap

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm hoping this is a gimmick account, otherwise you're an arrogant fool.

Edit: Quoting you from somewhere else:

[ QUOTE ]
Playing by the book will only make you a small winner or a break even player if you mistep even a slight bit. I think you should figure out your strengths and your weaknesses. Are you better pre-flop or post-flop? What positions do you struggle at? What's your best poker variation? Fixing your weaknesses and exalting your strenghths will pay off for you. If your a good pre-flop player, then only get yourself in good situations with big openers. If your good on the flop, play more hands and allow yourself to use your skills.

[/ QUOTE ]

This looks more like a newbie enthusiast than it does a gimmick account. Welcome to the forums.