Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2006, 07:35 PM

Default (PS $3/$6): Minimum Hands to Call Down and Play Back?

BB is 59/0/57/0.6/7/2.5 after 22 hands (VP$IP/PFR/WSD/AF-F/AF-T/AF-R). I haven't caught him bluffing yet, but I have seen him make several thin bets. On two occasions he donked the turn unimproved. Once he flopped top pair, the other time it was a weak pair.

He has cold-called from the BB with Q8, flopped a queen, then waited to raise the turn. The pot was pretty big, multi-way, and I had 3-bet in the SB, so not sure if he was protecting his hand or just getting fancy. Overall it did seem like he had a case of FPS, and did not seem like he was an intelligent player.

He had open-limped from the CO with 99, and played QQ and AA from the blinds (with limpers) without raising.

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero needs what to continue?

Scott
Old 12-23-2006, 07:45 PM

Default Re: (PS $3/$6): Minimum Hands to Call Down and Play Back?

55 and up, A6 and up. I would call with both of these and probably show most of both ranges UI as well.

He could have hands like T4o, 52o. You know he'll wait a street to raise with just a pair of queens multiway, so he could do the same here after flopping just fours or turning a deuce... assuming you could be on just overs (like you were).
Old 12-23-2006, 07:45 PM

After 22 hands you have all those reads... I guess that is the benefit of 1-tabling.

I am folding the turn here and its not even close for me againts this kind of player. (Even though he still is somewhat unknown)

EDIT: By the way if your hand was A high or if you feel you kan take K high to showdown I dont mind a turn check with the intention of calling a river bet. An argument against this is that villain looks passive but on the other hand his stats are far from converged.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After 22 hands you have all those reads... I guess that is the benefit of 1-tabling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had actually played closer to 40 hands against him, but I filter stats by number of players and some of those hands had been 4-handed or less. But yes, I am one-tabling for the sole reason of improving my reading skills, so I tend to take a ton of notes.

[ QUOTE ]
I am folding the turn here and its not even close for me againts this kind of player. (Even though he still is somewhat unknown)

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. That's why I was asking what you would want in order to call down and/or fire back at him.

Scott
Old 12-23-2006, 08:22 PM

Sorry, should have read your post more closely.

I am not calling A high either. So that leaves PP's and other made hands. Against most players I will just call down.