Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2006, 04:10 AM

Default The most famous person you met (and story )?

think this could be a good thread.
How is the most famous person you met and how?

I guess mine would have to be the Fray, i have got to meet alot of musicians, but do to there current popularity they are probably the MOST famous people i have met.
I met them at the afterparty of there shouw in Austin Texas, there producer is producing my friends album so he scored us some backstage passes, took us to the after party introduced us to everybody and bought us drinks. theye were really cool guys
Old 12-23-2006, 04:12 AM

Default Re: The most famous person you met (and story )?

My parents are friends with Ricky Jay the card throwing guy. The story is kinda funny.

I met the card throwing guy, I guess you had to be there.
Old 12-23-2006, 04:32 AM

This could probably go in BBV.

When I was about 12, Michael Jordan spent the day at my friends house at a country club. So, all of my friends are invited over and they play a little golf with Jordan. I was outside playing or riding a bike and missed the call. My mom forgot to mention my friend called while I was out, so I missed out golfing with one of the most famous sports figures of all time.

Now, everytime I go into my friend's restaurant I get to stare at photo on the wall in the waiting area of all my friends and Michael Jordan and not me.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:28 AM

Mick Foley lives in my hometown. Ive served him at 2 different jobs.

He was a semi-regular at McDonalds and was always a pleasure to meet, once stopped a fight.

He also did his banking at the Bank I work at, which was sweet. Hed show up like once every 2 weeks and walk around the lobby. You dont get an appreciation for how big certain wrestlers are until you meet one. Foley looked pretty small on TV compared to most guys and he is huge. He also drives a civic or a focus, and is a twins fan.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:15 AM

This is gonna be the lamest story of this thread, but I'm gonna post it anyway.

I played golf with Will Clinger, who hosts Wild Chicago on PBS channel 11. He's a horrible golfer, but a nice guy. And he's even taller, skinnier, and dorkier looking in person than on TV.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:22 AM

manute bol at the '89 little league world series. we shared a hotdog, and he signed my baseball glove.
Old 12-23-2006, 08:53 AM

Keira Knightley's boyfriend was directing a film in my area, so Keira popped down for a few days. I was working at a pub at the time behind a bar and she visited the pub along with Sean Bean and her director boyfriend.

I served her a drink.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This could probably go in BBV.

When I was about 12, Michael Jordan spent the day at my friends house at a country club. So, all of my friends are invited over and they play a little golf with Jordan. I was outside playing or riding a bike and missed the call. My mom forgot to mention my friend called while I was out, so I missed out golfing with one of the most famous sports figures of all time.

Now, everytime I go into my friend's restaurant I get to stare at photo on the wall in the waiting area of all my friends and Michael Jordan and not me.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-23-2006, 09:22 AM

When i worked at Costco in westbury long island i met some famous people. Some were there to sign books( Leslie Nielson, Cindy Crawford to name a few) and others came there to shop.

Jerry Lewis was in town one day and he came to shop. He acted like a douche. He asked if we can have security walk around with him so nobody would bother him. He basically ignored anyone who tried to talk to him. When someone asked for an autograph he actually said," im not on the clock" He bought socks or underwear or something and demanded to be brought to the front of the line

Dixie Carter was there to sign a book. SHe had requested evian water. When she arrived, we had poland spring water at her table. She said we better send someone out to get her evian because she is not signing any books without
her evian water.

Allison Stern (Howard's wife at the time) used to come a lot. She would always pay by check, and didnt put a phone number on the check. I told her we need a phone # on it and she replied,"you know who i am and you know i cannot give u my number." she was honestly very nice

Leslie Nielson, Cindy Crawford, Susan Powter were all there at different times to sign books. They were all very nice.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:29 AM

Chelsea Clinton in 2002, I think.

She was dating a kid at my college who my girlfriend at the time was friends with. The boyfriend threw a party that I attended. I was wearing my Nat'l Honor Society shirt from high school and she made a comment so we chatted for a little bit, mostly about her grad school plans, I think. A bunch of us went out to a bar a few nights later. She was nice enough and a little soft spoken.