Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2006, 10:08 PM

Default Here we go again...................5/10NL PS

Villian in the hand is LukiePlaya, running at 20/17 through 3.6k hands. I believe he finds me to be pretty TAGish. He isn't a donk by any means, but I don't think I'd consider him anything special. I've been three-betting him preflop pretty lightly and he is starting to notice. I also believe that my constant three-betting is starting to tilt him. This hand occured about 10-15 minutes before the hand in question happened:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($2847.85)
Button ($995)
Hero ($2336)
BB ($1149)
UTG ($904)
MP ($465)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $40</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $150</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $995</font>, Hero calls $845.

Flop: ($2000) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: ($2000) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: ($2000) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $2000

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Qs Qc (two pair, aces and queens).
Button has Ah 5h (three of a kind, aces).
Outcome: Button wins $2000. </font>

I needled him a little bit about the hand, attempting to tilt him a little bit more. Now for the hand in question:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($3116.85)
Button ($1827)
Hero ($1060)
BB ($1000)
UTG ($1379)
MP ($869)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $40</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $150</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1827</font>, Hero ????

I used a good portion of my time bank before I made my decision. While I have been three-betting him lightly like I stated earlier, the one time he moved in and I called him, I showed QQ. So in the other words, what the heck do I do here??
Old 12-22-2006, 10:39 PM

Default Re: Here we go again...................5/10NL PS

i doubt he's pushing twice in the same situation with a weak hand here, and i haven't seen him get out of line much when i play with him, so i think i'd probably lay it down here. he probably thinks that you're willing to call him light bc of the previous QQ A5 hand and wants a call here. or he could be thinking one level ahead and know you'd think he has to have a monster here to shove and then he's in fact shoving light...but hey i like to confuse people so i'd just go with the first part of what i wrote and fold [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-22-2006, 11:53 PM

I'd be shocked if he made the same play with garbage twice in a row. A majority of the time people are going to be more skeptical after he shows A5s, not thinking about him adjusting. If he's a better player than you give him credit for, maybe he is second leveling you here, but it's doubtful.

Fold.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:53 PM

i fold this because i think he is expecting a call.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:47 AM

i fold just because id be pissed if he has AK here. sometimes tags have some serious random [censored] though. like yesterady i think some guy had like Q10o and i had AK or AQ.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:51 AM

im surprised at the amount of people saying 'he wouldnt do that again w/ trash' when its exactly the opposite most of the time.. but against this specific opponent i'd probably fold.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:50 AM

whitelimes hsnl thread seems relevant
Old 12-23-2006, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
whitelimes hsnl thread seems relevant

[/ QUOTE ]

ehh not really.. every situation in poker is unique.. and that thread seems to be exactly what 2+2 does to people.. extract that element out of their play.. strasser did an interview a little while back that made a lot of sense about this.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:46 PM

erroneous,

Just out of curiousity, what is your range for calling the push in the first hand, keeping in mind that I havn't done anything crazy yet? (I am Lukie btw)

Also, regarding the second hand, I think you should take a step back and try to see the bigger picture here. I think you should reconsider who's tilting here, because I certainly wasn't in either hand. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, I think it's fairly obvious that I'm expecting a call with anything reasonable, hence this is a fold. Just my opinion of course. If I think you're thinking this same thing though, it wouldn't be a bad push with something like A5s again.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:15 PM

i doubt he's wanting you to lay this down. looks like jacks or something, but you're racing here at best i think after that other hand. but who knows, just depends on the somewhat arbitrary level of thinking you assign to him. all things equAL here though, i prefer a fold.