Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2006, 02:49 AM

Default Domain name registery

Is there a preferred site for registering domain names?

I want to get like 3-5 domain names for a new business, and have all of them redirect to one site (that would be one of these domains). I also want one e-mail address for all the redirecting domains (like an admin@domain.com), and then like 5-10 e-mail addresses for the main site. I want all of these e-mail addresses to collect into one mailbox.

I will be building the site over time. What site should I use to get all this? Godaddy.com? Or something else?
Old 12-22-2006, 04:06 AM

Default Re: Domain name registery

1+1 has 5.99 deal, i think
Old 12-22-2006, 04:11 AM

I hate 1&1. Also, all domains are pretty much the same price cause even with these special deals they will renew at a higher price.

Just buy from godaddy. There are coupon codes (search google) to get like 30% off. They will allow you to forward and setup email accounts.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:40 AM

hostmysite.com has a $2.95 deal until year end I think.

You'll only need one hosting account and can 'point' all the other domains to the same IP address rather than redirects. Most hosting plans come with a bunch of e-mail addresses available.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:11 PM

I prefer enom.... I'm not big on Godaddy or their interface.

I've got a reseller account that gets me names at enom for pretty cheap... i can offer them @ $8.95 a year to anyone who wants one...

Domain names are $6.25 per year in fees to maintain with ICAAN, so anyone giving you prices below that isn't gonna be too big to offer great DNS services or anything other than just a name.

For email, ya'll should check out Google Hosted (now known as Google Apps for Domains). It's gmail for your own domain name for up to 25 users. It's beta (of course) so you may have to wait to be accepted into the program.

On a side note, I HATE HATE HATE 1and1, and wouldn't even use them if the price was $4 per domain.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I've got a reseller account that gets me names at enom for pretty cheap... i can offer them @ $8.95 a year to anyone who wants one...

Domain names are $6.25 per year in fees to maintain with ICAAN, so anyone giving you prices below that isn't gonna be too big to offer great DNS services or anything other than just a name.

For email, ya'll should check out Google Hosted (now known as Google Apps for Domains). It's gmail for your own domain name for up to 25 users. It's beta (of course) so you may have to wait to be accepted into the program.

On a side note, I HATE HATE HATE 1and1, and wouldn't even use them if the price was $4 per domain.

[/ QUOTE ]

So for this Google Apps thing, should I register my domains with Godaddy, and then sign up with Google Apps? Google apps would then give me e-mails for each of the domains for free?
Old 12-22-2006, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So for this Google Apps thing, should I register my domains with Godaddy, and then sign up with Google Apps? Google apps would then give me e-mails for each of the domains for free?

[/ QUOTE ]

correct. but again, it's still beta so they may not give you unlimited domains to work with.

http://www.google.com/a/