Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2006, 11:18 PM

Default Ravens @ Steelers Sunday 12/24

I went on poker tilt and decided to get it back by making a homer bet putting the rest of my roll on the Ravens straight up. Can one of you expert regulars give me some analysis on the game? I rarely bet on sports, and couldn't even tell you what the # means on my money line wager. I do know that I did it while Baltimore was 3.5 dogs instead of 3 now.

Here are my thoughts:

The pros are B-more has something playoff related to play for with an chance for a first round bye while Pitt is out of it. A pro that is also a con is that they absolutely destroyed them in their first meeting this season. The Ravens are the better team. First round bye aside, they should want to gain momentum going into the playoffs ala their oponents last year.

The cons are that Pitt is 5-2 at home this season. They are on a roll winning 4 of their last 5 I believe. I haven't watched a game but it seems Rothlesburger is healthy again. And like I mentioned before they have something to prove after getting embarrased in week 12. Oh yeah and Mcnair is dinged up with his hand.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:21 PM

Default Re: Ravens @ Steelers Sunday 12/24

if you're betting ML on ravens ig uess you're seeing some number like +140 or +something

that means for every 100 you bet you'll win that amount

about one of the cons look at who pitts 4 of 5 wins were against: Saints, Browns, Bucs, Browns, Panthers

4 of those 5 are pretty bad teams

i really don't think its smart tho to put your entire roll on one game, its a double edge sword. if you do win next time you do the tilt you're just gonna try to do it again and eventually you'll lose and go bust. if you lose you're bust.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:31 PM

Thanks, excellent points. Not smart, but I love to gambool [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-24-2006, 05:04 PM

ship it
Old 12-24-2006, 05:13 PM

seriously, how were the ravens underdogs in this game