Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2006, 05:50 PM

Default Weird spot with TPNK.

UTG is 38/20 after a small sample. BB is unknown but seems loose and bad. Im taking the free showdown on the river if I can get it.

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, 2 folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6.5SB, 3 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4.75BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (10.75BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero folds.

Results:
Final pot: 12.75BB
Old 12-19-2006, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Weird spot with TPNK.

I dont like your PF raise.
Flop is good.
Why not just call down turn and river for information.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:04 PM

Preflop: I don't care for the A-Little Suited Raise much. I've taken to limping even A-Mediums Suited lately and will be evaluating how that works out.

Turn: BB's donk doesn't make me feel like raising unless I had a read she was a Donking Donkey. Why raise for a free river when you could call and see a showdown for the same price? Another Ace isn't going to make your hand any better if she has A3.

She might be donking a flush draw, but there are a lot of 2 pair hands and a straight possible on this board also.

River: I'm not particularly fond of river folds in nice pots with decent hands for one more bet.

Edit Add after reading Colgin below. Agree w/ C: after UTG's overcall, this is closer to a fold than a call and a raise is out of the question. I like a call hoping the board pairs to counterfeit someone elses two pair or the high cards counterfeit someone(s) elses better kicker, otherwise fold.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:07 PM

I don't get your turn raise at all. I wouldn't like it anyway, but given UTG's call this is a particularly bad spot for a free showdown raise as you have zero fold equity here.

The turn is either a fold or a call depending and I am leaning in favor of a fold after UTG calls.