Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2006, 12:47 PM

Default keeping track of your results - How do you do it?

Hi everyone,

please state what is your preferred way to track your results. Do you just leave all the data in poker tracker? Do you use statking or excel (if so, what columns do you have?) or maybe paper and pencil?

Keeping track of my score is one of the weakest points in my game. Just keeping all the data in PT is not sufficient for me, as I use all three PTīs and would like to see my results on one page. Tried StatKing, but after a long multitabling session, where I hop on and off tables a lot, itīs quite a pain to enter all these numbers into StatKing and I end up not doing it. Also it doesn t show my true win rate and hours played per day - if I 4table for 30minutes I have to enter 4 sessions for a total of 2 hours.

Thanks a lot in advance for your insights

Wolf
Old 12-19-2006, 08:09 PM

Default Re: keeping track of your results - How do you do it?

i use statking with a simple perl script that automatically takes all of the information from pokertracker and uploads it into statking.

takes about 30 seconds to do the whole thing, even for dozens of sessions.

this is the best way for me to do it, as live can be manually added, etc., and pt sometimes misses stuff and i can then edit in statking.

i use this for my tax recordkeeping as it is the only really accurate way for me since im spreadsheet-challenged.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:11 PM

Excel is where it's at. Each row is a day of the year and has the end of day total amounts of money I have on each site and the money I have in my savings account. Then the total BR ammount, # hands I played that day, and any info about any bonuses of rakeback that got paid on that day. Then a few other spots that do things like # of hands for that month, total made, avg $/100 hands. Then graphs for how the BR grew over each month.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:10 AM

i hate you computer/excel proficient people. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

p.s. sigh...envy.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:52 AM

easy, if you want, I can post a blank version of my spreadsheet and explain. I have to do one anyways for the start of the year.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i use statking with a simple perl script that automatically takes all of the information from pokertracker and uploads it into statking.

takes about 30 seconds to do the whole thing, even for dozens of sessions.

this is the best way for me to do it, as live can be manually added, etc., and pt sometimes misses stuff and i can then edit in statking.

i use this for my tax recordkeeping as it is the only really accurate way for me since im spreadsheet-challenged.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, actually I have no clue what exactly a perl script is (I am a megafish when it comes to computers and programming ...), but it sounds really good - could you tell me more about that - does it work with all PTs (holdem, stud, omaha), if not, would it be easy to configure this script so it does?

Thanks much

Wolf
Old 12-20-2006, 06:07 AM

this site is awesome and keeps track of your info, you can export all data from PT and put into into this site and will keep track of sessions, your wins and loses, and you can edit bankroll info, etc. free to.

http://www.pokerdominator.com/
Old 12-20-2006, 06:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Excel is where it's at. Each row is a day of the year and has the end of day total amounts of money I have on each site and the money I have in my savings account. Then the total BR ammount, # hands I played that day, and any info about any bonuses of rakeback that got paid on that day. Then a few other spots that do things like # of hands for that month, total made, avg $/100 hands. Then graphs for how the BR grew over each month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi,

when I was starting out and only played LHE, I pretty much also did it like that, but not as detailed - I did not keep track of the # of hands - but this is a very good idea.

But now that I play stud, holdem and omaha with most of their variations, Iīd love to be able to see how well I ran in each game and what limit.

Guess that would be really hard and time consuming as one prolly has to enter all the session results manually. Is there any solution to make this rather easy?

Thanks much

Wolf
Old 12-20-2006, 06:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this site is awesome and keeps track of your info, you can export all data from PT and put into into this site and will keep track of sessions, your wins and loses, and you can edit bankroll info, etc. free to.

[/ QUOTE ]

That might be exactly what I am looking for, I ll read through it. Thanks much!!

edit: so far it only imports sessions from PT holdem. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2006, 08:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That might be exactly what I am looking for, I ll read through it. Thanks much!!

edit: so far it only imports sessions from PT holdem. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wolf44,

I believe you were looking at the demo import page on PokerDominator that explained that we needed some exports to be able to expand. This was updated in the live version about a year ago and we actually import Hold'em Ring, Hold'em Tournaments and Omaha Ring from PT. I have now corrected the demo to reflect this.

Thanks and have a great day.

-JD

EDIT: I forgot to mention that if you would like to be able to import stud exports from PT, I would be happy to add the functionality, but I am in need of some example stud exports (I'm not a stud player!) If you are interested, you can visit the support forum on PokerDominator.com to discuss it further....thanks!