Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2006, 12:10 PM

Default Am I giving these donkeys too much credit?

I have the villian as a tag, 26/22 over 80 hands. Can I lay down my ladies here?

I'm also thinking I should have re-reaised preflop to define my hand. My reasoning at the time, was if I get reraised, I won't get to see a flop..which seeing how it played out now, seems retarded on my part.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($11.65)
BB ($20.25)
Hero ($15.85)
MP ($3.25)
CO ($4.60)
Button ($14.95)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, MP calls $0.40, CO calls $0.40, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $1.6</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $1.20, MP folds, CO calls $1.20.

Flop: ($5.30) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $3.75</font>, Hero ??
Old 12-19-2006, 12:54 PM

Default Re: Am I giving these donkeys too much credit?

Tough spot... I would probably 4-bet pre-flop, floding to another raise or AI. If he just calls that then I'd probably be going to the felt on this flop.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:01 PM

I don't four bet pre-flop.

I call this bet and see what the turn brings. His weak lead (with flush draw out there), suggest to me he either a) very strong -flopped a boat b) scared because his AK didn't hit c) worried his Jacks or 10's aren't good or d) stupid with aces or Kings. You need to figure out which - facing a big bet (pot or near it) on the turn and I fold.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:02 PM

I want to 3 bet here preflop because you're getting a lot of value from hands like AQs, TT, JJ, maybe even AJs. On the flop I probably raise and fold to a reraise/push.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:04 PM

yeah call. He's almost never on a draw, your WA/WB, and you don't know whether your good or not. Lots of players reraise and lead the flop unimproved. I think turn is the interesting street, not flop :/.

BTW, the fact he's 22 perflop raise means he may be gettign tricky here. This is a good thing. I'd be more worried about a 20/15 here or whatever. His stats still look pretty solid.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:23 PM

Call the continuation bet and if he shuts down on the turn bet him out of the pot.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:38 PM

~grunch~

I raise here, and fold to a push. AK and any other pair bet here.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
~grunch~

I raise here, and fold to a push. AK and any other pair bet here.

[/ QUOTE ]

your pot stuck if you raise flop. You should call if you raise flop and he shoves.

Betting turn when checked to is also bad. Check behind and try to induce a bluff from AK.

Both of these situations your bluffing, and pot sticking yourself at the same time. Never a good idea. Don't fold a pair if you've already put 3/4 of your stack in. The odds your getting on the call are too good.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:53 PM

I re raise preflop
as played I raise on the flop
Old 12-19-2006, 01:58 PM

pf depends on what u think his 3-betting range is. if it's tightish, call, if it's looshish, 4-bet. 4-betting and folding to a push pf is complete spew as you will have a lot commited and be getting good odds to call a push...not to mention sometimes he pushes with ak/jj/tt and u have the best hand.

as played i would push and hope for the best. stacks aren't that deep and he isn't folding jj/tt. u can also call and call any non a/k turn since maybe the guy behind will come along with a smaller pair drawing thin.