Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2006, 03:02 AM

Default 100$NL c/red on river

Villian is very tight preflop, about 18/13, but tricky and vaggro postflop and he doesnīt like to fold. Overall a good player who is tough for me to play against, and we played together quite a bit.

doing this out of memory.

Eff. Stacks are 100$

2folds, Villian raises to 4$, CO calls and i call on the btn with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Flop comes T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] pot is 13$. Villian bets 11$, co folds and i call.

Turn is the 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Villian checks, i check because i donīt want to represent the 7 and have him fold 99 or smth.

River is a 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and villian checks. I bet smth like 15$ in a 35$ pot and he checkraises me to 50$ ... wtf is his range ?

is this ever a hand that has not rivered a two outer ? What would you call him with here ? If villian played, say QQ, this way itīs pretty bad aight ? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

also, if we had AT, and the river was another 5 .. can we call it ? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2006, 03:07 AM

Default Re: 100$NL c/red on river

omg fold.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:18 AM

i omgfolded, but i canīt see what hands heīs playing this way. Exept ofc a a 2 outer on the river. Heīs not raising 86s from mp pf, and imo c/cing AT,KTs on the river. With air heīll most likely 2 barrel, same with TT and 55 imo .. so itīs exactely 44 ?
Old 12-19-2006, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
vaggro postflop and he doesnīt like to fold

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
i check because i donīt want to represent the 7 and have him fold 99 or smth

[/ QUOTE ]

bet $18 on turn,

as played, fold...

as for his range.. overpair?

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2006, 03:29 AM

Fours aren't in his range if he's that tight pf. He played it like he's bluffing and he's tricky so I'm leaning towards a fold. I usually bet the turn and take a showdown or maybe against this guy I just call, ck, showitdwn cause he's capable of donking the river.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:45 AM

I gues overpairs make some sence. The whole problem is that my hand is face up as weak pair/missed draw and i canīt realy pin his hand down.
I folded after taking a long time because this move was so fishy, and he showed AQ of diamonds.
So i wanted to confirm that we a.) canīt call in this spot without reads that heīs capable of bluff c/ring the river, and b.) can avoid this situation by betting the blank turn.

Against a player this tight is it better to c/c flop and bet the turn, or c/c flop and just show it down ?
Old 12-19-2006, 03:54 AM

Playing the river more conservative against a guy that's capable of sexiness seems good. You win less money but that's the price for him being a good player I think. You could either bet the turn and hope he cks the river or check the turn and call his river donk if he does. In this hand, it seems the ck turn ck river line would be safest with bet/calling being most profitable and most scary.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:57 AM

zomg Villain is a donk for not 2-barrelling here. It's a way better bluff than his river c/r bluff in my opinion, and his draw will practically never get payed off if he hits anyways.

I suppose he might have been planning a turn c/r but I think 2-barrelling is a lot more effective.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:10 AM

Yeah missed that, op said he had trouble w/ him so gave him bod. That river worked tho.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:13 AM

i think i was the donk for betting the river, because i should know he is not calling with a worse hand, exept maybe 99 sometimes.
And yes, i think 2xbarrel would be a better line overall, especially because itīs consitent with his usuall value bets. But it is easier to pick off on this board (only AT, overpairs and 55 beat me), and itīs costing about the same, but without the benefit of getting some more money out of me and a possible free card. Of course itīs alot riskier though.
I felt owned and think he played it well [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] .. thanks for teh feedback guys