Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2006, 10:24 PM

Default My laptop is filled with trojans/other virus please help!

I need something to clean my computer up fast! All of the programs windows recommended me cost $50 plus which I do not feel like spending right now. My laptop is filled with malware/trojans/everything! Are there any fre all in one cleaners that I could download?
Old 12-19-2006, 01:05 AM

Default Re: My laptop is filled with trojans/other virus please help!

In all honesty, your best and easiest bet is to reformat your hard drive and reinstall Windows. One time I spent 12 hours trying to get one horrible and pesky virus totally removed from a pc. I should have given up hours before but I kept thinking I *almost* had it cleaned up so I didn't want to give up. In the end....I reformatted when everything else failed.

If you have a severe infestation of virus and malware infections you should really just reformat and start fresh. Trust me, after a few hours of trying to remove all these viruses, you'll thank me for that advice.lol
Old 12-19-2006, 05:51 PM

Default Re: My laptop is filled with trojans/other virus please help!

I pretty much agree w/ LuckyTxGuy. I once cleaned a comp of over 1,000 viruses.....but more for an intellectual exercise/challenge. It's not worth the time.

If you want to try to clean it up, tho, get Adaware, Spybot Search and Destroy (both free for personal use) and for Antivirus, I'm a fan of Kaspersky (15 day trial). AVG antivirus is the best freebie out there....so you may wish to run the Kaspersky trial to clean it up, then uninstall it and run AVG for your day-to-day solution if you don't want to drop the bucks.

Those programs may or may not remove all your problems. If they don't, you will need to manually remove them which is where it gets in to the "not worth it, just reformat the bizzatch" realm.