Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2006, 09:25 PM

Default Spent 3 days in Foxwoods.

I saw 5 straight flushes in a little more than 3 days of live play. 2 in holdem, one in razz (I know, it doesnt count, but still, and it won the pot anyway), one in Omaha/8, and one in Stud/8. Also saw flopped quads twice in HE, and had quads myself on 4th street in Stud/8. Rigged, obv.

Played a little 5-10 NLHE first, couldnt get away from 78o on a 9TJ flop and blank turn, and stacked off to KQ. Could've gotten away from it maybe, we were deep enough to sniff it out. But it's easy to say in hindsight.

Managed to get a 4-8 HORSE game started on saturday and played some 10-20 HORSE on sunday. Quite a lot of fun with some players who didn't know the rules of razz. Had to teach the dealers, too, but they handled it very well after a few hands. There was a 3-way hand where I was leading out on 6th with T997 board. Bricks were flying left and right. All 3 of us were standing up staring at the board, confused as to who was ahead and by how much. I was a little surprised that there were mostly old-timers in those games, who complained when I was straddling in flop games. On one of my HE straddles, I found AA after 3 callers, and won a nice pot. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] It works better in NLHE though.

Played Act 3, lost QQvsATvs77 in a pretty big pot and never recovered, proceeding to bubble (buy-in refund bubble, not big package bubble). Would be in a nice position to win ticket, had i won that pot. The bubble was very tight.

I enjoyed the poker room and thought there was a decent selection of games for me, although no PLO at all. The steak at the Cedar's steakhouse was pretty awesome as well.