Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2006, 08:45 PM

Default AA in RR pot vs donk - ugly turn card obv

My preflop reraise was too small, bet pot script crapped out on me. Anyways, UTG is like 40/12, not terrible but I would definitely consider him a donk. Is bet/folding turn better than checking? As played, call/fold turn?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">UTG ($348.97)</font>
<font color="#C00000">MP ($0)</font>
Button ($216.55)
SB ($351.95)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($270.71)</font>

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $6</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $15.2</font>, UTG calls $11.20.

Flop: ($35.40) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $25.75</font>, UTG calls $25.75.

Turn: ($86.90) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $50</font>, Hero ???
Old 12-18-2006, 08:52 PM

Default Re: AA in RR pot vs donk - ugly turn card obv

I cant think of a hand u beat- ur not very heavily invested (like $40). I think if you call here and check riv, you will face PSB or shove. Since he's a complete donk, you can just wait for a better time. IMO, this looks is KJs or KQs.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:54 PM

Angrily fold. If you're ahead he has outs, and you dont really know if you can hit an A or 5 and be good because he can have T9, or he can have KT or some donkey junk.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:01 PM

I kinda like a bet/fold just because it doesn't beg him to take the pot away. That might just be more expensive though; I'm not sure. As played, I think you have to fold.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:36 PM

Yeah I should've folded turn, but I called anyways. River offsuit K. I check, he checks behind T9d. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2006, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I should've folded turn, but I called anyways. River offsuit K. I check, he checks behind T9d. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

his play is pretty standard, wtf are you gonna call a bet with that doesnt beat T9?

Learn poker...
Old 12-19-2006, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

his play is pretty standard, wtf are you gonna call a bet with that doesnt beat T9?

Learn poker...

[/ QUOTE ]

AK... but yeah, turn is a fold
Old 12-19-2006, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Learn poker...

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL you're so dumb. You're the kind of guy who I pick bluffs off of all the time because they can't make a thin value bet to safe their life. I'm sure you're right though, just like you were in that AA hand. You remember, the one where everybody agreed with me that it was a super standard shove.

Yeah, but you're right. I need to learn poker. Coach me What's your hourly rate, $450 hr you said? LMFAO.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Learn poker...

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL you're so dumb. You're the kind of guy who I pick bluffs off of all the time because they can't make a thin value bet to safe their life. I'm sure you're right though, just like you were in that AA hand. You remember, the one where everybody agreed with me that it was a super standard shove.

Yeah, but you're right. I need to learn poker. Coach me What's your hourly rate, $450 hr you said? LMFAO.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not +EV to bet the river there with 9T if you are at all good, so I guess it's probably +++++++++++EV.

And don't get jealous because my hourly rate is more than your monthly...
Old 12-19-2006, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Learn poker...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not +EV to bet the river there with 9T if you are at all good, so I guess it's probably +++++++++++EV.

And don't get jealous because my hourly rate is more than your monthly...

[/ QUOTE ]

Everybody in #MSNL thinks you are a joke, honestly. You lack any real poker knowledge at all, for you to try and charge $450/hr for coaching is among the funniest and most ridiculous things ever written. MDMA who is probably the most sought after coach on 2p2, charges half that.

You're also due for a big downswing little buddy, gl. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]