Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2006, 07:40 PM

Default 50nl 6max AJ Flops TPTK facing heat.

Villain was 60\23\1.8 Haven't seen him do anything out of line.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
CO: $49.25
BTN: $61.15
SB: $51.65
BB: $155.1
Hero (UTG): $48.25
MP: $42.65

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($0.75, 6 players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, MP folds, CO folds, BTN folds, SB folds, BB calls $1.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($4.25, 2 players)
<font color="red">BB bets $4.25</font>, Hero calls $4.25

<font color="blue">I didnt raise here because I'm WA/WB. I'm positive he has a made hand here and isn't on a draw. I had seen him play a handful of draws and he never played them fast.</font>

<font color="black">Turn:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] ($12.75, 2 players)
<font color="red">BB bets $12.75</font>, Hero..............................
Old 12-18-2006, 08:27 PM

Default Re: 50nl 6max AJ Flops TPTK facing heat.

Can't wait to see some replies to this one, because I'm having problems with situations like this also.

The point of calling the flop here instead of raising is to keep the pot small, right? But then he come along and makes another pot-sized bet. No way the pot's staying small if you call here and you're going to be looking at being put all-in on the river with TPTK. Ugh.

60/23/1.8 and you haven't seen him do anything out of line? Hmmm...

Still, I'm tempted to call his turn bet with plans to call the river unless something weird comes up. I think raising here will only get you called by a better hand.

My very limited sample size tells suggests that I need to stop paying off sets, though.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:43 PM

My first instinct was to call the turn. But then I'm thinking that a fold may be good here.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:54 PM

This is one of the very few spots where I think min-raising the flop would be good. If he calls/raises I'm done with the hand.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is one of the very few spots where I think min-raising the flop would be good. If he calls/raises I'm done with the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh what? So then your minraise bluffing right? Probably not good :/

Yeah I fold turn. I think you see QQ-AA a lot here. Pretty shocked a guy with those stats hasn't gotten out of line.

damn it your ahead of his range almost always here tho :/. Unless he hit some weird 2 pair or somethin. But this would be way out of line with any one paired hand IMO. I'd normally call but I guess your read says otherwise (I expect 60/20/1.8 to get out of line often)....
Old 12-18-2006, 10:06 PM

What are you afraid of 22, 33, J2, and J3? 22 and 33 maybe, but J2 or J3 seems like a stretch.

You got to pop him on the flop. If he comes over the top then re-evaluate.

In order to be ahead, he needed to hit the a dream flop. If he did, I can't see him making pot sized bets.

This smells of either a missed (or overplayed) flop or a flush draw.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:09 PM

Fold, if he hasn't done anything out of line, he's telling you he can beat a pair of jacks for sure.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My first instinct was to call the turn. But then I'm thinking that a fold may be good here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good to me. No need to get crazy here w TPTK
Old 12-18-2006, 10:18 PM

Assuming that the stats are over a decent sample, even if you've never witnessed him getting out of line, I think you need to choose between popping him on the flop or else calling him down. He's aggressive enough that he's going to either be overplaying or just trying to take the pot away from you sometimes. My problem is that even when I'm right about the player, I guess wrong on the timing [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Anyway, if he's the sort who's going to splash around trying to take pots away, you've got to let him know he can't just make PSB's at you and you'll fold unless you hit harder than TPTK. Otherwise, he's correct to just keep firing at you, right? I think I'd pop him on the flop. If he comes back over the top or still makes a PSB on the turn, you could fold pretty easily, for not that much more invested. If he dumps it to a raise, you can call down more lightly next time.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold, if he hasn't done anything out of line, he's telling you he can beat a pair of jacks for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold at what point, the turn? What range are you putting him on? A worse jack seems pretty likely to me, given the stats read, and that's discounting some hand that's drawing.