Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2006, 10:58 AM

Default Instantaniously \"hand rank\" on flop, turn and river? Software?

Hi all,

I like very much to use software to objectively advice me where i stand on the current hand I am playing.

There are a variaty of different calculators, but almost ALL the caluculators offer ONLY calculation about improvement based on further streets (Turn and River)!

I found one software "No Hands Holdem", which had the feature of calculating "Current Hand Rank". For me as a relative new player this is extremely useful.

For exampel flopping rags with to high cards heads-up. Do I currently have the best hand?

Now NHH doesn't support Party anymore after american players have been banned. So this software is running out...

Does anyone know of software indicating online play "Current Hand Ranking"??

For me it is very useful... I hope someone can help?

Best Regards
Rama96ab
Old 12-18-2006, 03:29 PM

Default Re: Instantaniously \"hand rank\" on flop, turn and river? Software?

It sounds like you used that type of program for a while...and now you need to find a replacement.

Guess what? If you hadn't relied on that program in the first place, you would now be good at knowing where you stand *without* using any program as a crutch.

You are seriously hurting your game by glancing at a screen to see your outs and what draws are available. If you intend to improve your game, then you will need to know how to count outs, see what draws you have, figure out the nuts for any given community cards, determine what hands you opponent may have, etc. If you can't get over that learning curve, you should probably stop playing. Seriously.

I know it's tempting to use every crutch under the sun, but you should never use any aids before you know the basics...and if you knew those basics you would have no use for "odds calculators". They server one purpose: to keep fish from improving...which is a good thing (for those not using basic strategy advice helpers).

/rant