Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2006, 11:54 PM

Default Free wifi in Vegas?

Any tips for good spots on the strip to mooch free wifi? I'm in Vegas for a week and the thought of forking over $10-13/day for hotel internet seems distasteful. I'm staying at the north end of the Strip so locations close by are a definite plus. (I've heard conflicting reports of free wifi at the Apple store in the Fashion Show mall.)
Old 12-18-2006, 12:05 AM

Default Re: Free wifi in Vegas?

If you're waaaay North on the strip, I'm pretty sure the Starbucks (and the sitting area outside it) in the Stratosphere has solid wifi.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:09 AM

Or you can try the food court in the Fashion Show Mall. I was multi tabling there during WSOP while waiting for my GF to finish shopping.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:08 PM

If your trip report includes the mundane details of finding WiFi in Fashion Show then I'm going to be extremely disappointed. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Now get out of the mall and back to the tables! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-18-2006, 05:43 PM

As one who hasn't visited Vegas since the whole wifi thing got started....

Am I to understand, from this thread, that there aren't hotels in Vegas with free wifi? In the cities I do travel to, roughly half the average-to-nice hotels offer it, more all the time. (Of course, given that Vegas was also one of the few places I've been where there weren't airport shuttles from most the major hotels, but they wanted EVERYone to shell out for a taxicab... maybe I shouldn't be surprised.)
Old 12-18-2006, 05:45 PM

I'm pretty sure some of the nicer properties offer free wifi and some offer pay wifi.

You usually need to be in your room and using the TV control panel to get the "access code".
Old 12-19-2006, 02:56 AM

I've stayed at most of the bigger hotels at one time or another and none of them had free wi-fi. I seriously doubt any of the bigger ones would have free anything, except maybe tap water. Remember, this is the town where you have to pay a dollar to make a toll-free phone call from your room.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:16 AM

South Strip Travelodge is the only hotel I know of w/ free internet. This includes TI, Bellagio, Wynn, Hilton.

Ethan
Old 12-19-2006, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As one who hasn't visited Vegas since the whole wifi thing got started....

Am I to understand, from this thread, that there aren't hotels in Vegas with free wifi? In the cities I do travel to, roughly half the average-to-nice hotels offer it, more all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?!! It seems the nicer the hotel, the more it charges for wireless Internet. I stayed in Tucson for a conference two weeks ago and had free wireless at my $90/night hotel. The conference hotel—a resort—charged $10/day, and at another resort where some coworkers stayed the charge was $12 a day. Those places also charged for overnight parking, $1 local calls, etc.

I've never known nice hotels to provide free anything.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:52 AM

I travel to vegas for work, and between: harrah's, mirage, TI, MGM, Bellagio, Venetian, and Wynn, the only free wifi I've found is lobby level of the venetian kinda in the food court. Super spotty, not sure where it's coming from...