Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2006, 08:12 PM

Default Someone put me out of my misery...stars v Full Tilt, FPPs vRB

I've read loads of threads and I'm still not certain where is best...

I'm Supernova on Stars...I play NL 1/2 approx 60,000 hands per month...Assuming all else is equal (game softness, support, software etc...)

Who is giving me a better return on my $$$

To add confusion, I am based in the UK where electrical items have a close to 50% higher cost than the US, which I think means I am getting an even better deal from Stars. (but i'm confused if even this is true)!
Old 12-17-2006, 08:19 PM

Default Re: Someone put me out of my misery...stars v Full Tilt, FPPs vRB

Play at UB for the best return.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:24 PM

I hate UB.

FT or Stars, has to be one of those two.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:26 PM

game selection is probably better at stars
Old 12-17-2006, 08:32 PM

Not if datamining and using Spadeeye, but i'm not worried about that...I just want to know who is offering the better bonus...At the moment my plan is to play on Stars until I hit my 10k FPPS required each month to maintain Nova status then play the rest of the month on FT for Rakeback.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:44 PM

Do you play full ring or 6 max? That's kinda important...

If you play full ring, and you're already Nova then Stars is clearly better. Supernova at Stars is ~33% rakeback at $200NL. Max rakeback a Full Tilt is 27%.

I don't play 6-max. If that's your game you'll need to do the math yourself. It's not hard.

Open Poker Tracker. Filter hands for the limits/structure you want.

To figure out for Poker Stars, go to the "Game Notes" tab.

Go to the box that says "Only show hands with at least __" rake.

Enter the rake threshold for 1 VPP for the limit you play (enter 1.00 for $5/$10 limit). Click "Filter".

Make a note of the number of hands displayed ("X of Y Games Displayed" in bold black letters. X is the number you want.)

Now change the rake filter to the threshold for the second VPP (enter 2.00 for 6-max). Click "Filter".

Make a note of the number of hands displayed ("X of Y Games Displayed" in bold black letters. X is the number you want.)

Add those two numbers together. Those are the base VPP you would have earned. For Supernova, multiply this number by 3.5 (for lower VIP levels, you multiply by the relevant amount).

This is the amount of FPP you'd earn.

To find the value of these FPP in $, multiply by $0.015 (the generally accepted conversion rate - You can do better if you order product from the store instead of the $1500 cash bonus).

To find the rakeback %, devide this value by your MGR (15th column in "Game Notes" in PokerTracker).
Old 12-17-2006, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you play full ring or 6 max? That's kinda important...

If you play full ring, and you're already Nova then Stars is clearly better. Supernova at Stars is ~33% rakeback at $200NL. Max rakeback a Full Tilt is 27%.

I don't play 6-max. If that's your game you'll need to do the math yourself. It's not hard.

Open Poker Tracker. Filter hands for the limits/structure you want.

To figure out for Poker Stars, go to the "Game Notes" tab.

Go to the box that says "Only show hands with at least __" rake.

Enter the rake threshold for 1 VPP for the limit you play (enter 1.00 for $5/$10 limit). Click "Filter".

Now change the rake filter to the threshold for the second VPP (enter 2.00 for 6-max). Click "Filter".

Add those two numbers together. Those are the base VPP you would have earned. For Supernova, multiply this number by 3.5 (for lower VIP levels, you multiply by the relevant amount).

This is the amount of FPP you'd earn.

To find the value of these FPP in $, multiply by $0.015 (the generally accepted conversion rate - You can do better if you order product from the store instead of the $1500 cash bonus).

To find the rakeback %, devide this value by your MGR (15th column in "Game Notes" in PokerTracker).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for a great reply!!

I play 6-max...and I'm getting 24% based on $0.015. But then I looked at my full ring at NL200 and that came out at only 22%??
Old 12-18-2006, 12:59 AM

Sorry, I cut and pasted that from a post I did for someone who was playing $5/$10 limit and forgot to change it.

This line:

Should read:

Enter the rake threshold for 1 VPP for the limit you play (enter .40 for $200NL). Click "Filter".

That'll make a big difference...
Old 12-18-2006, 02:40 AM

For 1/2 NLHE at a 6-max table, you get 1 VPP when the rake reaches 40¢ (pot $8) and a second VPP when the rake reaches $2 (pot $40).
Old 12-18-2006, 04:42 AM

Yep I used $0.4 for 1st FPP and $2 for second came out at 24% and as I say 22% for full ring. Can any other 200NL players confirm these numbers are in line with their calcs...seems a lotlower than the 30%+ I have been reading about...maybe I should play limit...but I'm dead money in that game.