Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2006, 04:02 AM

Default Dementias NFL Game of the Week / $50 Challenge w/ Thremp

<u>Bengals vs Colts in Indianapolis</u> - MNF.

The Colts beat the Bengals last year on the road by moving the ball back and forth down the field, but the Bengals did pony up over 30 pts of their own. The Colts were much healthier then and playing much more prolific on the offensive side of the ball, whereas the Bengals did not garnish the identity they now have. This Bengals football team is one playing with a supremely high level of confidence, making more plays defensively than they were and are much more of a balanced football team at this stage of the season. Left tackle Levi Jones practiced Saturday and is questionable for Monday nights game for Cincinatti.

Joseph Adai and Dominic Rhodes who had been nursing foot &amp; wrist injuries have attended practice and will play, and I do expect them to average a few yards per carry, but nowhere near as many as you can expect Rudy Johnson to attain as he exploits the gaping holes of the Colts D which has been demoralized weekly including allowing 375 yds to Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones Drew last week, the Bengals on the other hand are red hot on a 4 game winning streak (I expect them to run the tbl these last cpl games of the regular season). While it's notable the Bengals weren't too challenged during 2 of those games, they still have been playing more fundamentally sound football than the Colts have.

Carson Palmer has been electric as of late, and is playing in the type of rhythm we are so accustomed to watching Peyton Manning in, his weapons on offense have been more productive than Peytons lately even with Harrison &amp; Wayne. The bottom line is the Bengals are going to be more prolific than the Colts on both sides of the ball, and will win this football game even on the road. The Colts came into Paul Brown stadium last year and won, look for the Bengals to outplay Peyton &amp; co. and leave the RCA Dome with the win. The Colts will probably do good things running the football, but expect Rudy Johnson to do great things running the football, in the air you can't discredit Peyton but this Bengals defense has been stepping up as of late and have the momentum going into this game for sure.

This will be a high scoring game, but the Bengals will do enough to win, ultimately just retaining complete control of the line of scrimmage and winning the game via their work in the trenches. I would not be surprised if the Bengals take it down with double digits. Take them and the moneyline of +150 and thank me later.

Saturday Night Football results
1-0 +8 units

Other brief picks tomorrow, the Broncos -2, the Ravens -11, the Chargers -8, the Bills -1, Bears -13, Rams ML, GB -5.

Note - I am without a doubt leaving out some players who were previously questionable but likely starting, as well as other intangibles, my apologies I am just tired and I wanted to put this up before I pass out so Thremp doesn't take it as me running from our bet. We have $50 going, aside from the Cowboy game I told him I could pick a good winner with great EV itself, so should the Bengals win he will ship $50 to me, should they lose I will cover his loss up to that $50. If you'd like to change the bet Thremp you can make any revision, but this was my understanding of our agreement, I'll check this thread later on. Good luck everyone.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:23 AM

Default Re: Dementias NFL Game of the Week / $50 Challenge w/ Thremp

Nice write-up Dementia, I like the Bengals to cover in the Monday night game as well.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:46 AM

Looks like I got Colts -3. $50 to the winner. Even money payout.

Hopefully we don't see any pushes.

Note: If you wanna switch to a moneyline, I'll honor that as well. I didn't stipulate it, but it was in place for obvious reasons (to prevent you from betting a -3k fave and asking me for $50 essentially).
Old 12-17-2006, 04:57 AM

Thremp,

Yeah I understand, I wouldn't have done that, would be cheesy. We can bet the game however we choose on our own wagers obviously, but as for the bet between us since you agree lets forget the spread and just place $50 on the winning side, so to recap for the folks at home I select the Bengals and he has the Colts.

Vgl. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2006, 04:57 AM

Good luck. $50 to whoever wins.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:35 AM

Summary of my night

<u>straight bets</u>
Broncos -2.5 : won
Bills -1 : won
Rams moneyline : won
GB -5 : won
Chargers -9.5: won
Ravens -11: loss
Bears -13: loss

Straight bet record : 5-2

Pleaser results : payout 17/1
3 team - Won for $1,700

(posted the pleaser i wagered a few days ago in charlies thread).

BENGALS TOMORROW to improve to 6-2, SHIP IT HOLLA! lol
Old 12-19-2006, 01:34 AM

BUMP
Old 12-19-2006, 01:55 AM

Thremp,

Sent two payments under wifes paypal. One for $25, other for $29 to cover the 3$ fee or so, please confirm receiving on here. Gg.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:40 AM

Received.

Good game.