Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2006, 01:24 AM

Default two pair

Villain is drfool, seems taggy/decent. No history or stats. I just checked in PT and I'm running at 25/20, so villain might know that (but I'm not using a hud right now). Maybe it's results oriented, but anyone like a turn check? What's your plan if you check/call turn?

Full Tilt Poker
$0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
BB: $79.6
UTG: $160.75
Hero (CO): $116.90
BTN: $288.70
SB: $129.55

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($1.5, 5 players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, BTN calls $3.50, SB folds, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($8.5, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $8</font>, BTN calls $8

<font color="black">Turn:</font> T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] ($24.5, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $18</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises all in to $277.20</font>, Hero
Old 12-17-2006, 01:30 AM

Default Re: two pair

Most of the time BTN don't expect you to call, and he has a big draw like Jh 8h.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:30 AM

I don't like a turn check because it gives too many free cards that put a 4 card straight on the board.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:33 AM

No comment, except having a good range for what he calls with preflop, and what he peels flop with helps immensely.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:38 AM

Shenanigans!
Old 12-17-2006, 02:18 AM

fold, AJ, KQ, or he slow played a set on flop. only thing you can beat here is AK... and that's a pretty [censored] push. Jh8h doesn't make sense here because he called you on teh flop.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:24 AM

I do not like a check on the turn. I fold to his push, but still don't check the turn.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:28 AM

Def. fold here, you have two pair and if this is a bluff, it sounds like it is probably out of line for a decent/taggy player. I don't see checking the turn here as being a good line, you have two pair and you want to get money in the pot. While it is not the mortal nuts, you do have a fairly decent hand, so I don't see why you would want to allow the villain to take control of the hand, unless you are planning on CR the villain all in, and I don't feel like that is a good line here either, as you are either WA/WB with the board that you have on the turn. Worse hands are folding and you are being called by better. Villains line looks like the standard stack a donk line that we all use so much.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:44 AM

instafold.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:55 AM

i play it the same and fold fast to his AI.
Judging from your past ssnl posts you pretty much bulldoze when you play a hand no ? So if he has KJ, QJ or QT here you get payed off since double barreling or betting a Q/AK here isnīt realy out of line for you is it ? And you avoid a tough river decission wich you probably will face when you c/c this turn.
I only check this turn against good and hyper aggro players that are capable of pushing me off the hand here and where i can induce bluffs etc.