Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2006, 05:35 PM

Default Weak line agst LFISGD ?!?

I did put LFISGD on the tilte, but it could be any player who often enough over bet the river with air.

50-100 (10k eff) 5 handed --> You got a hand like Axs and He min raised from the Dealer, you call. ($450)Flop Ax8h9h you check he pots and you called. ($1300)Turn is an 8 !!! Sometimes you bet, but for the purpose of this hand, lets say you check again and he pots one more time and you call. (about 4k)and river is a black J !! You check once more and he almost insta push for the remainning 8k in tha 4k pot !!

So here's my questions, your line looks realy weak and it's king of easy to tell whant you got, so because of that, do player like LFISGD push like this with mosthly only air ?? I mean if I look that weak, how can that be a value push ?? Wouldn't he re-pot river for value like the flop and turn play ?? And if he's pushing alot with air, would you then call with any pairs ?? or a nine ?? J ??

Or is that the he either call or fold so push line ??

And while we are here, what's up with is min raise from the dealer ?? SHould I repop it with marginals holding like Axs ??
Old 12-16-2006, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Weak line agst LFISGD ?!?

this question reminds me of some posts about hands v prahlad back when he was playing a lot
Old 12-16-2006, 06:09 PM

on the river he might think that you will call his bet the same % of the time regardless of size, so a bigger bet has higher EV
Old 12-16-2006, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
on the river he might think that you will call his bet the same % of the time regardless of size, so a bigger bet has higher EV

[/ QUOTE ]

if he has the best hand...
Old 12-16-2006, 08:10 PM

Phil, kind of cop out answer but I think these are spots where you have to mix up frequencies against observant and/or aggressive players.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Phil, kind of cop out answer but I think these are spots where you have to mix up frequencies against observant and/or aggressive players.

[/ QUOTE ]

theoretically this is true

but against each player there is a specific "best" play until game conditions (tilt, history, whatever) change.

default would be to fold, though. i think its a split a fair % of the time, too.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:42 PM

phil, lay off the hooch. And I dont know this opponent but some smart players tend to do this when they think you have Ax and they have a monster because they know you know how weak you look. he shows up with an 8 here a good amount but its like samo said, just call sometimes
Old 12-17-2006, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
phil, lay off the hooch. And I dont know this opponent but some smart players tend to do this when they think you have Ax and they have a monster because they know you know how weak you look. he shows up with an 8 here a good amount but its like samo said, just call sometimes

[/ QUOTE ]

smart players? seems like a 1st grader could play this hand with trips pretty easily
Old 12-17-2006, 03:43 PM

Location: Im at the Red Lobster and I\'m eatin\' all the shriiimp!

I'd push here with trips. FWIW, Ive played LFISGD quite a bit and I think it's a fold here most of the time for a lot of reasons.

Side note: Phil you officially have the most distracting avatar of all time and not in a good way...I might just be hungover but the camera zooms in and jiggles way too fast it's like watching the Blair Witch Project for crissakes.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:44 PM

but would you rater try to trap that kind of player by check calling monsters or you would simply c-call many streets with marginal holding and mix it up when u call or not the river ?? Don't tell me you gotta do both and mix it up, I KNOW that, but AGST a guy like that, where they will never be "the long run" I think there's one that would have more value ??