Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2006, 03:21 PM

Location: always C/Ring with 3 outs and usually getting there
Default Steve Kerr Iverson Article

link

Pretty harsh article, I think. I've never really read much of Kerr's articles, but this one seems pretty idiotic.

Is it possible that he's right about the market for AI? I have to think there are several NBA GMs out there who realize how much a change of scenery will help AI.

Also, what the heck is Kerr talking about when he mentions Andre Iguodala as a potential holdup to a deal getting done? Billy King wants to trade AI, Billy King's team has Iguodala on it. Thus, Billy King will not be able to trade AI unless he trades Iguodala also?

If it allows the Sixers to make a better deal, including Iguodala in the trade wouldn't be that terrible. Especially if they can get another likely lottery pick to add to their own likely lottery pick. I'd like to see Rodney Carney play more for the Sixers anyway
Old 12-16-2006, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Steve Kerr Iverson Article

[ QUOTE ]
That's not to say there aren't any suitors. It's just that because so few teams are interested in adding Iverson, the market isn't very rich, making King's job almost impossible. He is in a position where he must trade the face of the Sixers franchise without having much leverage. Ideally, King would like the trade to net some combination of cap relief, draft picks and young talent. But without much interest from around the league, King will be lucky if he can pull off anything that comes close to that.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's wrong here. Its not that there is no interest for him. GMs know how desperate the situation the Sixers have put themselves in that they are trying to offer as little as possible in hoping that King caves and actually agrees to a trade. And since Billy King is such an atrocious GM he probably will very soon.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Steve Kerr Iverson Article

Kerr is a moron.

There are two good national basketball writers currently:

John Hollinger from ESPN.
Kelly Dwyer from CNNSI.

Around draft time, I add Chad Ford to the list, just out of how hilarious it is to see him get worked up over the private workout by the next Dirk Nowitzki.