Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2006, 12:23 AM

Default HUGE 400bb downswing - what to do?

Help - I am on a huge 400 big blind downswing; unbelievable. Incredible beats are occuring so often, like almost everytime I get into a meaningful pot.

Examples

1) I have KK and raise preflop and get 4 callers. Flop comes jack high, uncordinated, and all suited of diamonds, but I have the King of diamonds. Someone bets on the flop and gets one caller in addition to mine. checks occur on the turn after a blank hits and the river is a diamond. First thought is: oh yea, of course he has the Ace of diamonds and sure enough he did.

2) AA - raise preflop under the gun everyone folds to the person in the big blind who reraises. I am now assumine he has either pocket jacks, queens or kings and IS GOING TO HIT HIS APPROPRIATE THRID CARD ON THE FLOP. This happens exactly as planned. pocket queens and catches the third queen on the flop.

It really doesnt get any worse than this. Over and over and over and over again.

Just a little bit frustrating.

Question: has this happened to anyone else? When does it end? Is it going to end?

Another point: I play on full tilt poker, and have over 1,400 points and have been up more than 300 big blinds playing a relatively short amount of time

I really don't know what is there to do other than quit. I'm getting so f****ing pissed I just might. Bottom line is this; bad beats are SUPPOSE to happen they are part of the game, I totally understand that. But beat beats occuring over and over and over again, a ridicioulus percentage of the time is not normal.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:27 AM

Default Re: HUGE 400bb downswing - what to do?

[ QUOTE ]
quit

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-16-2006, 12:44 AM

don't quit

but listen to everything this angry sonofabitch says to you or anybody else.

btw, BBV

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

bbbushu
Old 12-16-2006, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Another point: I play on full tilt poker, and have over 1,400 points and have been up more than 300 big blinds playing a relatively short amount of time

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
But beat beats occuring over and over and over again, a ridicioulus percentage of the time is not normal.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmmmn. crazy how that works out....
Old 12-16-2006, 12:51 AM

get/jack high/and/quit. Raise preflop/and/HIT HIS/bottom/as planned. Pocket queens/are/not normal.
I have/AA/under the gun/and/go/on full tilt. Raise/raise/raise. Go on 400 big blind downswing. Unbelievable!/Incredible!

Get/pissed/and/assume/pocket jacks/are occuring/often.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
get/jack high/and/quit. Raise preflop/and/HIT HIS/bottom/as planned. Pocket queens/are/not normal.
I have/AA/under the gun/and/go/on full tilt. Raise/raise/raise. Go on 400 big blind downswing. Unbelievable!/Incredible!

Get/pissed/and/assume/pocket jacks/are occuring/often.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is soooooo much more imaginative than mine...I'm ashamed.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:54 AM

after i went back and read the part i quoted in my second response, i immediately regretted telling OP not to quit [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2006, 01:04 AM

Go outside and throw some things, it helps if you work in as many racial slurs as possible. Then go log onto the support website and send an email explaining in detail how their RNG is faulty. This note should be no less than 2K in size.

Once thats finished you're going to want to watch some reality TV. See that chick crying cause she was voted off? Thats you, you poor poor victim of the conspiracy.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:33 AM

You will have downswings, but 400 BB is a little much. Winning/losing swings increase proportionally to (#hours played)^0.5; it's very difficult to lose that many big bets if you have a winning edge at all in your games.

"Skill, Luck, Tortoise, Hare" written by Sklansky discusses this concept in detail.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:00 AM

crazyhands, I would bet that at this point you are NOT play as good as you normally do (and I dont even know how good your best game is) but your post reeks of someone who is pissed off and tilting and not prepared to let go of hands when you know you are beat. your downswing is almost certainly part variance and part tilt.

maybe you shouldnt quit but you might at least consider taking a break and cooling off.

at least i give you credit for not posting a whiny post saying omg I lost 50BB in a downswing....400B is a bitch of an amount to lose, so go back and read my first paragraph and do some study as to how much was tilt and how much was [censored] play.